Chapter Two

"Mama! You're back!"

Gaga's son, Gabriel, ran to the door to greet his favorite person. Her daughter Sophia did the same.

"I was the one who told you she was here, I get to hug her first!"

Sophia yelled at Gabriel and pushed past him.

"Guys," Taylor called as he came out of the kitchen, "you can share her."

"There may not be enough of me to go around, Tay!"

She laughed and closed her eyes as her children squeezed her nearly to death. She kissed both of them on the head.

"Well you are pretty short," Taylor grinned as he joined the group hug.

"Daaaaadddyy!"

Sophia started to giggle. She poked Gaga in the belly.

"She's cute and short. You told me you like her because she's-"

"Okay, Sophia! You can stop there," Taylor blushed, pulling away from the hug and getting rid of the kids for a second. Gaga pouted her lip at Taylor.

"I missed you, babe. Has anything interesting happened since I left?"

Taylor nodded and looked back at Gabriel.

"Tell your mom about the restaurant incident from yesterday."

"Well," Gabriel stood up from the couch, "Dad burned all of our food so we had to go to a restaurant."

Taylor face-palmed.

"The other part of the story, Gabe."

Gaga started to laugh.

"When we went, these people were freaking out. Like cameras and a lot of questions. The guy that was our waiter dropped the stack of menus because he knew us, and it caused some crazy chain reaction. Long story short, we've got free food for a year at that place."

"Oh my god," Gaga laughed.

"You should've seen their faces, Mama! They even got pictures of Dad trying to help them clean up," Sophia pointed. Taylor cringed.

"Stefani, don't search for that picture. I look so awful in it."

"You always look awful," Gaga winked and walked past Taylor.

The kids started laughing.

"Awfully cute," she called as she walked into the kitchen. The kids made disgusted faces and shouted, "Ewww!"

Taylor laughed and sat by the kids on the couch while Gaga made dinner. It was pretty late at night, but they decided it was well worth the wait.

"You two wanna' hear a story?"

Gabriel and Sophia both said yes and continued to quietly fight over the seat behind the Ottoman.

"When I met your mom," Taylor began, "I don't even think she liked me."

Gaga called from the kitchen, "He tried to kiss me and I slapped him in the face."

"True love," Sophia giggled and shook her head.

She continued, "Daddy, I probably would've done the same thing to you."

They heard Gaga laughing in the kitchen. Everyone else began to laugh too, and it was a great moment. Until there was a knock at the door.

"I'll get it babe," Taylor called, still chuckling.

"I still remember how it felt when she slapped me."