Where is home?

I skeptically stared at him as he brought inside a metal tray. He left the door ajar, leaving as soon as he places the tray beside me. He kept his poker face on but he's fooling nobody.

"What happened last night," I gently run my hands through the bandaged wound on my right calf.

"As obvious as you may know, you fell unconscious after losing too much blood." he stopped, looking at me.

"Oh yeah? Then why am I here--" he cut me off.

"Why you're here is because I saved your life. Where you are is my house. Any more questions?" he sounded annoyed by my line of questioning.

I gave him a suspicious look.

"Can't you just say thanks?" 

"Nope. Most especially if," I cast the comforter only to find a different set of clothes on me. "I'm in the house of an assassin who wants to kill me." I was stupefied.

Did...did he-?!

My eyes widened as I look at him. "Don't tell me you...you," I pointed a trembling finger at him. He raised his palms up in defense. 

"I called someone to do it. Are we done here?" I just nodded my head then he immediately went outside. I rubbed my temple, feeling a little nauseous.

What can be his motive for saving me?  Is he playing tricks on me now that I'm weak?!

I stood up and tried to balance myself. I may not be in the right condition for an escape but staying here and trusting Vance isn't any better. I pulled the wooden drawer beside the bed and found some pointed objects inside. 

How careless of him to leave these here. Or else... he left on purpose?

I shook my head.

There's no way an assassin who wants my death to show kindness towards me! This could be a trap! 

I took a dagger with a cap on its blade and tucked it snugly on my loose white pajamas. I noticed my clothing more. The white  sando was fitted and made of cotton. I feel so comfortable wearing it but the thought of other people dressing me up puts me at ease. I scanned the room for other exits. I find the window the only way out.