chapter two

Boarding the mighty steed was next to impossible. But once I was up, I knew I wasn't going down easy. The traumatic fail of all emotion in the great creatures eyes startled me. My eyes not giving a clear signal to what it was thinking, not that I had ever known before.

Then I flew, I flew through and past the wind. Following the stars and cascading down hills and past trees all a blur but nothing to compare to the nearly invisible hooves which responded to every shifted weight.

Sister would think of me badly, call me a fool or other. But I knew that she loved me.

The towns slid easily past with the great lights blotting out my perfect map. The solitude seemed endless in the great cities. The world seemed peaceful and yet in dissaray all at once. My cloud of beauty seemed tireless, nose to the wind guiding me even without my perfect map. 

Hunger arrived like a rock stuck in your shoe. Endlessly rattling around till you tended to it. Causing pain to any who does not have the time. It was the hunger that urged me to stop. Not the horses body foaming and dripping a river, not the fridged winds that caused frost under my fingernails and cracked my eyelids. Hunger rules all the senses, dulling and intensifying at will. You could not force will. you cant control it. You must satisfy it. Or live with the consequences.

It was then that I dropped off the horse, the earth swaying under my feet from long hours of nonstop riding. There was a market, a small building with packed stocks and tight wrapping. I stepped through the wide entrance, the smell aroused my hunger once more, like reverse weathering to the rock that needs food. There was but few things protein, and much produce. 

First I snuck an apple, soon followed by a tomato and a pineapple was also delivered to my jacket with a shaking hand. The walk out made me red, and when I looked out I was pale. 

The steed, the beautiful Knabstrupp had unteathered and disappeared. Leaving me, and my soggy jacket, out to the wind.