Prologue

The Holy Grail.

A magical artifact that can grant only one, but any, wish.

Any wish, regardless of righteousness or evil.

Any wish, regardless of scope

Any wish, granted to the victor.

Seven mages, chosen by the Grail, fight to the death to be worthy to hold it.

This is the Holy Grail War.

Each Master is given one of seven Servants.

Each Servant is a member of a different class.

Saber: often called the most powerful class. Sabers tend to fight with swords, and have variable speed and armor. Some Sabers carry shields in addition to their blade.

Lancer: the fastest attacking class. Lancers fight with spears, glaives, or other long weapons, including staves, swordstaffs, and poleaxes.

Archer: the class with the longest range. Archers fight with bows, and can remain active even if their Master is slain, for a short period of time.

Caster: a class that fights with magic. Casters tend to be able to perform large area scale attacks, unlike the other classes, but consume Mana on a larger scale than the other classes.

Assassin: a class that utilizes stealth, poison, and strategy to slay enemies. Assassins tend to be the least armored class, but make up for this with a variety of stealth-based abilities.

Rider: a class that has the fastest movement speed out of the seven classes. Riders have a mount and a specialized weapon to use on their mount.

Berserker: wreathed in the fog of madness, this class ignores pain and inflicts terrible damage on anything that stands in their way. Requires a strong will to control - or at least stubborn force.

With these Servants, Masters fight for the Grail...