Chapter 7

I look at my dad and he looks broken down and out of it I never seen my dad this way before.

Mike do you want to talk about your feelings Ms. Smith asked I was sitting there in a complete daze. I had my mouth partially opened and I wanted to respond but I couldn't.

It's like the words in my head wouldn't connect with my mouth Tyrese  Ms. Smith son do you want to talk about how you feel my dad finally spoke to me after all this time.

No I just would like to go home I said
We went home that day without any more talk of my mom

Three weeks later
Since that day my mama died my dad and my brother had not been getting alone. Things were not the same and I wonderd if they ever would be of course I knew things would change I mean our mom was dead.

I wish thing would be the same because my mom was our backbone and without her things would never ever be the same.

My brother actually quit school following day and never went back he joined a gang and began running the streets with his gang

The gang that rolled with like most gangs robbed people burglarized homes and business and even broke in cars.

When my brother told me that he joined a gang I was disappointed that he had chosen to go down that road. My brother was very smart and I knew he was only acting out because of our mom death.