First Thought

Sorry about the wait, I hope you aren't too mad. And I am so sorry to Kari_The_Bookworm for missing your birthday! Happy birthday! I feel terrible but I hope this can make up for it! Here we go again!

Back at the house after our shopping trip, all the guys crowded around, trying to see what goodies we got.

I shooed them off, it was my candy after all. The clothes were immediately ransacked though. There were a few questions and groans.

"Where are you hiding the thongs?" Alfred asked with a smirk.

"No thongs, pervert." I stuck my tongue out at him.

"Damn shame, I'd pay to see that." Brick mumbled under his breath.

"I heard that." I took the bags away from them and wondered down to the laundry room. I started the clothes and went back to the kitchen.

Ezy was just putting her cup of tea in the sink to be washed. "So darlin', how you an' Eleah gettin' along?" She tried to hide her concern but I could see it in the way she held her hands together.

"Umm, Eleah? Oh, right, she's the other.. mate." I felt a weird twinge in my chest calling her that.

"Oh, sugah, you ain't got no competition." She took my hand in hers and I felt her comfort. "She's Leo's mate, sweet thang wouldn't dream of gettin' in the midst of these hooligans."

I smiled and squeezed her hand.

"Besides," she gestured to the door the men had piled out of, "y'all are bat shit crazy 'bout you. They'd brave a stampede for ya, even without all them fancy shiftin' powers." She smiled sweetly.

"Thank you, Ezy." I leaned in and gave her a quick kiss on the cheek.

She slapped me away with a slight blush on her cheeks, "Cut that out, I'm almost likin' you more than my in-laws."

"That wouldn't be too bad right? We don't have to tell anyone. Our little secret." I waggled my eyebrows at her.

"Oh Lord, no wonder you're the mate! Just as devilish!" She gave me a tight hug before gathering up her giant purse; it was the equivalent of a hospital, a kitchen and a photo album put together. "Alright deary, I'm off." She left with a wave.

I turned to wash her cup but was stopped when I heard my name. Ezy was standing in the doorway again. She had the same concerned aura from the beginning of the conversation.

"I forgot to finish my first thought. Eleah is a sweetie, perfectly civil; a little too much if ya ask me. But Leo... He's a spitfire in the worst ways sometimes. Opposites attract and all that but sometimes it's like oil an' water, they don't mix too good. Be sure ta remember that, honey." And with that, she was gone.