Lock Down

I picked up mate and brushed hair out of her face. She was so beautiful, even with the blue tone to her skin from the beginning of frostbite. I held her close as I walked away from the house.

She snuggled into me and her eyes fluttered. "Papa?"

"No." I said.

She opened her eyes a little and looked up to me. I nearly fell. Her eyes.. They aren't normal..

"Are you an angel?" She asked. She turned and saw the rest of the men. "Are you all angels?"

They were all turned away to keep from mating her right there. I saw many of them stiffen when she spoke. Her voice was wonderful. Good thing I have more control than them.

"Close enough." I smiled and she smiled back. I was almost out of self restraint.

Her eyes rolled back into her head and her head hung back off my arm. I could hear her breathing so I wasn't worried.

"Is she asleep?" Steel asked.

"Yeah, just asleep." I told him and got into my car. Ned got in the passenger seat and we sat her between us.

"Her skin is warm again." Ned touched her forehead. "I was surprised none of the men attacked you when she spoke. I even wanted to. I can't wait till we can mate."

"I would love to mate her but we need to take our time. And her eyes are-"

Ned's phone rang. He put it on speaker, "Hello, sir."

"Ned. What's your status?" Leo's voice was scratchy over the phone.

"We're heading home now."

"I'll be with Eleah so don't make any noise when you arrive." He growled. Eleah was his mate and we both knew he'd kill us if we interrupted.

"We'll tell the others, sir." He closed the phone when Leo hung up.

We arrived at the house as dawn was breaking. We all parked our cars in the multiple car garage and went silently into the house.

I took mate to an extra room we had and tucked her into the bed. The others stood outside the door and shoved each other to get a view. "Do we know her name?" Rock asked.

"No, not yet." I traced her jawline and she moved her head closer to my hand. "We'll ask her in the afternoon. She needs to sleep and recover." I got up from the bed and closed the door. "Anyone up for football?"

)+--+(

"Red 12! Red 12! Hut!"

We snapped the ball and collided. Shirts were down two and making a play.

I intercepted the ball and started running. I was about to make a touchdown when I stopped. The smell in the air..

The others stopped to. It smelled wonderful.

"Carmel pecan."

"No, mint-vanilla."

"You're both right. Her scent changes for each person." I said. I turned to the balcony of the room we put mate. She was standing against the rail. She didn't notice us. Then she did something I wouldn't have thought.

She took off her shirt.

It revealed a tank top.

I began slowly walking to the side door, making sure not to touch the others or attract attention. If she didn't stop stripping they would be running up to mate her.

As I reached the number pad she pulled down her shorts. That was final straw. They all turned to where I was standing and began charging. I quickly put in the lock down code. The bottom doors shut, electrified steel plates fell covering them.