The Burning Chill

"So, what movie did you feel like watching?" Jackson asked me shrugging. "Uh, I was thinking about watching Zoolander 2."

Then he smiled. "You know what, me too. Let's watch it," he insisted.

We went to the worker and ordered popcorn. Jackson ordered a huge one. For both of us obviously.

I was really upset about being here without Daniel. When I'm with Daniel, I love him so much that I'm a different person. 

But he doesn't want to be with me anymore, unless that's what I think.

We walked inside the cinemas. 

Jackson was carrying the popcorn. And we sat in the middle row. It was perfect. But somewhere deep inside of me, I didn't want to be here.

I wanted to be with Daniel. And only Daniel. He was the one.

The commercials were on the screen, about five more minutes until the movie starts. Then I laughed.

"What's so funny?" Jackson asked chuckling too. I just noticed he had a cigarette behind his ear. 

"It's just that I only met you today and look where we are. Together. How did you even want to ask me out?"

"What are you saying exactly?" He questioned with a mysterious voice. "I mean, a girl like me and a guy like you, non understandable."

"I have something for you, Victoria. I always have." Did he really mean what he was saying? What was he talking about?

"What are you talking about? We met today," I explained. "Before, I use to think you were cute."

"Oh, but why didn't you ever want to talk to me?" "I didn't have the guts to do it," he said. 

"So you thought I was cute huh?" "Totally." "I'm still sorry about Abby, do you still speak with her?" I asked.

"Sadly, no. We're not in touch anymore." "I'm sorry," I apologised. "It's cool," he gestured.

"You don't have to hide feelings with me Jackson. I understand you." "Thanks," he said.

Then out of nowhere, he leant forward peacefully to kiss me, I'm guessing. And he did. Jackson Schofield kissed me.

His warm lips touched mine filled with feelings. 

But I just noticed something. It wasn't as good as Daniel. Daniel was my life. He's still my life. My asset of my life.

Then I stopped for a second. 

"What's wrong?" He asked. "I don't know," I said. "What? You still love him don't you?" "Of course I still love him."

"And why is that?" "He's my first love, don't you feel the same about Abby?"

Then he was quiet for a moment, thinking about what I just said. "Look, I'm sorry. It's just that I like you."

"I don't really think I'm ready to be in another relationship yet, I just broke up with my boyfriend. I loved him so much."

"I understand." "Thank you. Now, may we watch the movie?" He grabbed my hand and starred into my eyes.

"Yep," he smiled and looked onto the screen.

During the movie, we didn't talk at all. But on some parts, he just starred at me. 

Until he looked behind me at something. I didn't look what he was starring at. Then suddenly,  he combed his fingers through my hair.

He then put his arm around me fast.

I tried not to laugh. So I just half-smiled. 

Then he kissed me tight the second time. My fingers were integrating in his hair. Why did it feel so good?