Chapter 3

Freddies pov

When Clemie throws the piece of paper back and turns away from me I give up. Jesus that girl is unreasonable. I tried to hit on her, ask her out - kind of anyways - but she just wouldn't give to the Fred-charm like every single other girl I'd ever flirted with. She isn't interested, for some reason, so I give up.

I sigh and rest my head in my hand. I'm not even supposed to be in this class. I hate french. My dad knows french but I hate it. I just went to try it with Clemie, but since that didn't work I never have to come back here. Thank god for that! There's a little bit left before lunch so I put in my headphones and zone out.

...

When the bell rings I watch Clemie get up and get her stuff. She's really pretty, like really really pretty. But I'll never get her. She says something to her friend and walk out the door. I take out my headphones and pack up my stuff. Just as I'm about to leave someone calls my name.

"Mr. Tomlinson!" I slowly turn back. It's the french professor. "Can I have a quick word with you."

"If it's about the homework that's fine, I don't take french." I flash him my best smile, teeth and dimples and all.

"No, it's actually just that." He makes a gesture for me to come closer. I walk over to his desk.

"Mr. Tomlinson, why were you in my class today?"

"Oh, well it's an interesting story. You see, I wanted to see if I would be able to learn french, it's such an interesting language. But now I realize that it's a lost cause, it's far too difficult for me. But thank you no matter, it was an extremely informative class. Keep up the good work." I turn to leave, but the man simply grabs my arm and holds me firmly in place.

"Do you want me to send you to the headmaster?"

"No thank you sir."

"Then get out of my classroom." Gladly, I think. When I reach the door he calls out one last time.

"And mr. Tomlinson! Don't come back." I leave the room.
                               ...
Later i meet up with my friends and have lunch. We act all together like teenage boys and shout so loud that it echoes trough the dining hall. I'm a bit quieter than the rest of them though, and eventually Ben, my best friend notices. ( And yes, I know dudes don't have "best friends" but we've known each other since we were kids so,). I'm usually the louder one in the group, but I'm still feeling down from Clemies rejection.

"Oi, Tommo! What's up with you today? You look like a moping teenage girl!" I punch him on his arm and the other guys laugh.

"S' nothing. Just a girl who won't talk to me." The group makes a 'ooooh' noise and people are shoving me around a bit.

"Dude, since when do you have girl-problems?" Ben laughs next to me.

"I don't know. Maybe she was on her period or whatever, now that I think of it she seemed very grumpy and unreasonable."

"Who is it?" All the guys around the table are watching me now.

"It's Clemie, she takes French."

Everyone stares at him for a second, the they erupt into roaring laughter.

"What?" No one answers."What, what is it??"

It's Cameron, another one of my friends, who gives me the answer. "Oh man, you wanna get with Clemie?"

"So what??"

Ben turns to me. "She has a certain, how do I put it, reputation.."

"What reputation?"

"She doesn't date. It's like a known fact."

Something lights up in me. A determination. I turn to the guys. "I bet I can change that."

Cameron stares at me together with the rest of the table. "Oh man, it's on. What are you prepared to bet?"

I think for a moment. "How about my captain title on the team." The guys whistles at this. Almost every guy in school is on the football team, and I'm the captain. It's a very desirable spot.

"Hell yeah. Let's do it!" Cameron high fives Ben and another guy.

"Hold on!" They look at me. "What if I win?"

Everyone thinks at this. I already have most things he can offer. Money, popularity, I can get any girl I want. What can he give me that I don't already have? I laugh. "Never mind the bet then, this I'll do for fun." Can looks pissed but says nothing. The rest of the boys laugh and look at me with respect, maybe even more than usual. I smile and continues to eat my lunch. This will be fun.

________________________

Hello, I'm soooo sorry this one took so long, but I'll get better at updating. Plus, I know it's a bit short but the next one will be longer. As usual, please leave a comment or vote if you like it, and again I promise to get better.

All the love, Edda. xx