The Right Girl //ch. 4

Jai lays me on the bed and covers me up wit the blankets. He then lays next to me and continues fiddling with my hair, making little braids. I laugh at the fact that he even knows how to braid hair, I never knew he could. As long as I've remembered, he thought it was "Unmanly" and "took away his masculinity".

"Why are you laughing?" he quietly whispers into my ear from behind me. I turn to face him and smirk,"I just find it funny how you used to say men who braid their girlfriends hair aren't manly enough yet here you are braiding me hair."

He shrugs, "Is it bad that I'm braiding my girlfriend's hair? You want me to stop?" and smirks, knowing I don't want him to stop.

"Never stop." I say jokingly in a rather sexual tone and laugh.

"I'll be braiding your hair all night baby." he says back, and we both laugh this time.

"No, but for real. I was just joking whenever I said that it wasn't manly, it's a sweet thing to do. I enjoy doing it, but only to the right girl, you know?"

I nod, then I raise my eyebrows in confusion. I turn to face him again, "I'm the right girl?"

He looks down at my hair and shrugs, "I mean... well if you think about it you're more," he pauses and looks into my eyes. I could see him blushing, which I thought was adorable.

"I've known you longer and you're just different from everyone else."

"Well," I feel the warmth spreading through my cheeks like wildfire, "I feel honored to be having my hair braided by the Jai Courtney."

We both laugh again as I turn around. After that, it's silent.

------------------------------------------
(Jai's POV)

It's been silent for a pretty long ass time. Was she asleep already? Deep down I'm hoping she is, my arms were getting tired as fuck. At the same time, though, I hope she isn't so we can talk more.

I lift my head up and try to see if her eyes are closed, and they are. I sigh, I really wanted to talk.

Oh well, we could always just talk when we wake up

I decide to try and go to sleep as well and wrap my arms around her while lifting the soft, white comforter over both of our bodies to keep up warm.

I nuzzle my head into the crease between her shoulder and her head, basically into her neck. It's so silent now, all I hear is her steady breathing.

I slowly start to close my eyes when suddenly she turns to face me. I open my eyes, but she's still asleep. Still, she wraps her leg around both of mine and lays her hand on my chest. I smile, and finally completely shut my eyes and eventually, I fall asleep.

///
Yikes this was short. Sorry guys, but I didn't want to keep you all waiting. I promise next time I'll make it longer. :)