Chapter 1- Goodbye Konoha High

▶Naruto P.O.V.

It was a week before my graduation and I couldn't be more excited. Kiba and I were planning on moving to New York. I was planning on pursuing my dreams of becoming a writer. He said that he didn't care where he went, but just wanted to be with me. He's such a great friend. (Friendzoned...) We bought our tickets today too. Our flight was scheduled for the week after graduation. I'm so excited!

~Time Skip (One Week Later) ~
I sat in my seat behind many rows of Konoha graduates and awaited my turn to head towards the stage and receive my diploma. I looked ahead of me a few rows and saw my best friend, Kiba, looking back at me and smiling. I knew what that smile meant, 'Look at us! We did it!'. His beautiful smile was interrupted by the principle, Tsunade, calling him for his diploma. He got up and walked to the stage. While he was being handed his diploma he let a goofy smile spread across his face. A few minutes later I heard my name called, and I walked to the stage and let the same goofy smile spread across my face too.

After the ceremony all the graduates let out a large, "HURRAH!", and threw their caps into the air. After we picked up our caps I grabbed Kiba's wrist and maneuvered our way out of the crowd, and made my way over to our parents who stood on the side of the field waiting for their newly graduated children.

After many hugs and a lot of praise Kiba and I decided to tell our parents of the plans we had set out for ourselves.

"So mom, dad...", I started, "Kiba and I are moving to New York."

My parents and Kiba's parents looked at each other, gasped, and tried to act as serious as possible until they all let out a simultaneous laugh. Me and Kiba stood there very confused.

My mother turned her laughter into a chuckle and said, "We already know sweetie.".

"How could we not know by now?", Kiba's mom asked sarcastically. She continued, "Acceptance letters to colleges only in New York, plane tickets, and suitcases with all of your things packed up. It was easy to put two and two together."

Kiba and I stood there astonished for a moment, and then shrugged because we realized how easy we made it to see our plans.

Both of our parents smiled and congratulated us once more before we went home.

~Time skip ( Another Week Later)~

I stood in front of the entrance gate to our flight with Kiba and our parents. My mother and Kiba's mother were crying a mix of tears of joy and sadness softly. While both of our fathers stood there consoling our mother's and wishing us luck. Kiba and I handed our tickets to the flight registry lady and started to board the plane, but just before went to get on the plane my father stopped me.

"Take this.", he said handing me a key with a tag on it. "When I was in college, I studied in New York for a while and ended up buying an apartment out there. So here is the key to the place. It's a bit small, but its better than nothing.", he said whilst smiling.

"Thanks dad.", I replied and hugged him.

We boarded our flight and before we knew it, we were off to start our new life. We could be anything now.

❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇❇

A/N: I hope you enjoyed chapter one, I know this chapter was pretty boring, but I promise that it gets a lot better from here. I'm not gonna give anything away, but there is going to be quite a bit of twists and turns from here on out. I hope you'll continue reading! ❤