P H O T O G R A P H

(Left to right: Mikki and Reihana)
Mikki strapped on a large tool belt (which was about three sizes too big) and stuck her blaster gun and grenades into tool pockets. She threw her sweatshirt from the day before on the bed. A piece of paper fell, floating lightly through the air before tumbling majestically onto the floor. She picked it up and looked at it. It was a photo. It held every younger person in the Glade. Lucas, Sophie, Niamh, ect. Including herself. Sarah, Abe and Luca weren't there, though. But there was one boy she didn't recognize. He had black hair and icy blue eyes. She searched the names at the bottom. Reihana. She frowned. She thought maybe she just hadn't met him yet. She decided to go looking for him. She pulled on a leather jacket and trainers, then grabbed her pack and stuffed bags of food through it. Before she stuck the photograph into her belt, she found a message written on the back. It was in permanent marker, yet was slightly faded. She blew dust of the back. It was partially damp, and the writing was neat and curly. The message was sweet and short and read:

We keep this love in a photograph,
We made these memories for ourselves
Where our eyes are never closing
Hearts are never broken
Times forever frozen still

Class IV

She slipped it in her belt as she murmured about the message to herself. Love? Sibling love? Partnering love? Childhood love? She wasn't sure. She found a mallet under her bed and brought it with her. She slipped out the door. Luca saw her before she could escape.

"Hey! What're you doing?" He asked. "Where'd you get the mallet?"
"From under my bunk." She replied. "And who are you to tell me not to do somethin'?"
"I'll tell Alby!" he said
"No you won't." Mikki laughed.
"Why?"
"Because I know about the explosive jelly that you ordered from the Creators!" She giggled.

She snuck past Alby and Newt, who were standing outside the Deadlands talking. She ran into the Deadlands and watched as Alby and Newt ran back to the Homestead. Newt looked towards the Maze. Almost a guilty look. He looked down and ran after Alby. Mikki searched through the Deadlands. She found a boy, but he wasn't Reihana. She thought maybe it was Julian, a boy who Mcaelyn told her about. She remembered that she said Julian had turned into a Crank, who was infected with the Flare, which was a sun disease. And that was all she knew. So, Mikki decided to name them Sunnies. Now, Julian Sunny stood before her, evil looking and all. He had zombie like wounds all over his body. She waved, then pulled out her gun. She put her mallet over her shoulder and grinned.

"Lighten up, will ya?" She told him, shooting at him. A red blast shot out, hitting him in the chest. She threw the mallet at him, knocking him off balance. She ran at him, fist raised. Then slid through his legs, placing a mini-explosion bomb between his legs.

"This'll be a blast!!" She said, activating it. She turned, then stuck her fingers in her ears. It exploded, sending him flying. He flew out of the Deadlands, just as Mikki saw Newt run into the Maze. She followed him, sneakily slipping past a few Runners who stood in front of the door.

She followed him, twisting and turning. Eventually, he stopped, then started climbing the wall. She plonked herself nearby and ate the bread she had been leaving a trail with. She thought that maybe after Newt climbed up the wall, she could climb up and see if she could see Reihana from atop the wall. Or maybe throw some food down for the Grievers. She watched as he made it to halfway, then jumped. She watched as he impacted with the ground. She covered her mouth, then heard the Runners, talking about her bread trail. She ran to Newt, grabbing his face and shaking it. She slapped his cheek in attempt to wake him up. She heard Minho, Lucas and Jude's voices coming closer.

"Wonder who left it"
"A Griever?"

She decided to climb the wall. She made it to the top, waving her hands and screaming. "HELLOOOOO?! EMERGENCY!!!! RUNNERS????!!!!!! OVER HEEEERRRRRREEEE!!!!!"

She saw Minho look at her, then run towards her, yelling something like "SHUCKING HELL!!!!! WHAT THE SHUCKITY SHUCK IS SHE SHUCKING DOING ON THE SHUCKITY SHUCKING WALL?!?!?!?!"

They ran towards her as she clambered down, using her pack as Newt's pillow. Minho ran over, then covered his mouth as he saw what lay before him. She was there, peacefully braiding Newt's hair, murmuring something about how Newt would be so mad when he woke up. She looked at Minho, then her face read "Frustration" and "Anger".

"Well, Snookums!" Mikki said, smiling sarcastically while gritting her teeth, "I highly recommend to, oh well I dunno stop gawking at your boyfriend who jumped off a wall and bring him to Clint before he turns into sandy blonde carcass!"

Minho nodded and picked up Newt, and with the help of Jude and Lucas, dragged him back.

"I'll meet you there!!" She shouted to them before picking up her pack and mallet and continuing her search for the mysterious boy.