Little Worries

•Several people *looks over at friends* has asked for my snapchat. I guess I have a lot going on until the end of the school year? I'll be adding you guys also.

Snapchat: sam_webb98

Evanescent ~5

Riley Mendes's pov:

"Jack!" I laugh after I feel the impact of the pie in my face. We are waiting for his new phone since he accidently had his phone in his pocket earlier when he was in the water. He chuckles and I quickly take his shirt and wipe my shirt.

"Hey!" We both laugh and I pull my phone out and open up my snapchat. G comes close to me and I snap a picture before putting it on my story and chuckles. "You're too cute."

"Ew, Jack. That sounded so wrong."

"I have a girlfriend Ri," he playfully rolls his eyes. "Anyway, I sort of meant it in a sibling way even though we're not siblings anymore."

"I still consider us siblings Jack," I say softly noticing he looked a little down when he said that. He looks back up at me.

"Really?"

"Jack, your family still took me in and dealt with me for almost 18 years. Well, letting me be sheltered and giving me a home. I still consider you as family. We don't have to be blood related." A small smile appears on his face. A worker comes over.

"You are all set Mr.Gilinsky."

"Thank you," he smiles and takes his new phone. He gets up and the worker looks at us with a smile.

"It's probably the pie," I say.

"Yeah," he laughs. The worker nods and we take our bags walking out of the store after we thank them. "Are you hungry? We could go back to the house if you want."

"Sure." I immediately think of Cameron and Amelia being there. G immediately notices.

"You sure? I could tell them to leave."

"No, it's fine. I just... Have to get used to it." He nods as we make our way out to his jeep. We soon approach his jeep minutes later and put everything in the back. I walk around getting into the passenger seat and he gets into the driver's side.

"I had a great time at the mall today with you," he says to me as he backs out and makes his way back to the house.

"Me too. It was really fun. I've missed doing that."

"Same. We should do it more often."

"Sure." He smiles and looks straight ahead. For the rest of the way back to the house, we sing to songs on the radio.

~Back at the house~

I walk down the stairs after putting my shopping bags in the guest room. I turn into the hallway and slowly make my way towards the backyard. I walk into the kitchen and find Hayes getting a drink.

"Hey Hayes," I say and he turns and he frowns a little before turning back around. I walk over confused why he frowned. "Is everything alright?"

"Did you actually leave to go to the mall with Jack?" He says with a hint of anger.

"Yeah, it's not what it looks like Hayes."

"After what he did to you and you suddenly trust him? I thought you were better than that."

"Hayes," I say sternly and worried at the same time.

"Leave me alone Riley. Thanks for ditching Aaron and I today when you knew we've wanted to spend time with you for over two years. This is your celebration party."