Chapter 1

Copywrited 2016
@cxmeronokayy
(DISCLAIMER: almost* not everyone/everything in this book have anything to do with real or current events or birth records. Idk. Just. The people in this book aren't real lol bye.)

I give props to the freshmen who walk down the hallways at school who, are new students, don't know where the hell anything is, and scared out of their mind of all the upper class-men, because being a highschool senior walking around a college campus is just as intimidating. Everywhere I looked I saw someone either checking me out, glaring at me, or trying to hand me club handouts. Not really what I want to see as I walk to the administration office for an interview. Not too long ago, University of Georgia have me a scholarship for having a 5 point GPA(all AP, because my parents are hard asses and make me keep my grades up or I'm dead), and holding a record for the fastest 100 meter dash on our track team. 13.3 seconds, not that anyone is counting. We walked into the office and I immediately grunted. "Mom, I don't see why I have to go to college right now?" I rolled my eyes, "I want to spend my life exploring. Why can't I do college... Some other time?" I gave her a fake smile.

"Because I said so. We talked about this last year. Now you listen. Don't you dare whine while we do this interview or so help me-" she was cut off as the secretary motioned toward us.

"He's ready for you." She smiled and just as quick she looked back down at her keyboard and types away.

"Lauren sweet heart, we just want what's for the best for you." My dad smiled, as we walked down a hallway. It seemed to go on forever.

"I know you do, and yeah this school is great, it really is. I just wanted to hold it off, maybe only even a year!" I gave another one of my signature fake smiles and shrugged.

"Well we can discuss that later." My mom said as I approached the headmasters door.

"Here goes nothing." I knocked and opened the door. "Hi, I'm Lauren Davis? I'm here about the scholarship."

"Ah yes, come in! Please have a seat. How are y'all this morning!" He gave us a warm smile. I couldn't tell if it was genuine or fake because he had those fake teeth that some pro-wrestlers have. "I almost forgot!" He gave a chuckle. "I must introduce myself shall I. I am Doctor Gregory, headmaster of University of Georgia, and I'm proud to say it!" He gave a deep hearty laugh that ended in a wheeze. He was a fairly wide man, with gray hair peeking through his black locks that surprisingly, covered his whole head. Wasn't too sure if it was a come-over, but it definitely looked... luscious? His beard was properly trimmed and his suit looked well tailored, and well, expensive to say the least. His desk was almost OCD neat and a small ceramic bulldog sat looking at me.

"Nice to meet you Doctor. I am Ryan Davis and this is my wife Harper." He reached over to shake Dr. Greg's hand. I guess I could call him that. I smiled and patted my hands my pencil skirt that my mom made me wear. I hiked it up to my belly button and tucked my white button down into it. I looked like a thirty year old business woman.

"How lovely. So Lauren, what is your elective focus?" He nodded towards me.

I honestly wanted to scream. "I don't know." I said bluntly. My mom nudged my ribs and I winced. "I mean, I believe it could be whatever I imagine." I giggled and smiled. My mom scowled at me.

"Well, what are your interests? I'm sure we have what you're looking for." Does his cheeks not get sore? He's been smiling since we walked into the door.

"Well, I mean, I love to travel. And music. Oh man, I also love photography and painting. But I mainly love to travel." I went on. "I mean you can't, not love art right. It's so, so, inspirational. So out there. Like your view of the society and like how you feel-"

"I think he gets the point." My dad stopped me. Oh whoops.

"I can put you in the art program. It has plenty of different classes inside. And you don't have to make your decision now, the school year just started." Dr. Greg smiled. I smiled and told him thank you. He told us he would give us a call and email, and we left. We walked back through the campus and met the same eyes that checked me out, glared, and even the flyers again. This time I took a photography club flyer. My mom snickered as we got in the car and drove back to our hotel room. I thought about my future at that college, but I also debated it with following my dreams. The dreams won. Sorry college, you're definitely going to have to wait for the right time. The flight back home was short, and I was glad to be back. As soon as I got home I called my best friend Chelsea.

"Hey come over. I have big news." she said giddily. I rolled my eyes and pouted.

"I can't. My mom grounded me because on the plane I said that the man infront of me looked like the yellow peanut M&M." she laughed.

"Why did you get grounded from that?" She giggled.

"He heard me and picked a fight."

"That's still not your fault."

"Yeah it wasn't until I told him to put a sock in it and ripped off his wig."

"Lauren you need to chill." She laughed. "Ok well, I'll still tell you. So you know James right?" I sighed.

"Oh yeah! He's that kid that dropped out last year right? Damn he was so close to making it out too."

"He got arrested last night! Apparently, him, Adam and Marco robbed a store last night, and James was the only one that got caught, and since he was on probation, he's in major trouble." I rolled my eyes.

"Dude that sucks, but it serves him right. He's been showing up at all the football games for weeks trying to sell weed."

"Hey, you know good and well, people pay good money for that shit." she laughed.

"Yeah yeah." I laughed. "Well I have to do my homework. You can't keep good grades by doing nothing." I rolled my eyes.

"Alright. Bye Lauren. See you tomorrow!" We hung up and I did my homework. Surprisingly I didn't have much to do. Even though my mom grounded me, she was at the grocery store so I think I'm going to go out. I changed into shorts and a pretty blouse with sandals and I tiptoed downstairs. My little sister was in her room playing with her friend and my dad was in the den asleep on his recliner. I grabbed my phone and wallet as I walked out the back door. I walked down the road toward our small town strip mall and I went into the bakery. I ordered a scone, a raspberry tea, and I sat down at a table. A couple minutes later I saw the doors swing open but no one came in then I heard a huge crash and yelling. I ran to the window and saw two boys beating eachother up on the sidewalk and parking lot, who drew in a crowd. I ran outside to see who it was.

"You son of a bitch!" Punch.
"Stay away from her." Slap.
"Motherfucker!" Kick.
"Get the fuck up." Kick.
"Get your head out of your ass!" Punch.

It went on until someone ran in and pulled the boy on the ground up. His head was bleeding and his face was all bruised. "Keep your goddamned hands off me and stay the fuck away from her you son of a bitch!" A boy with blonde hair screamed at the beaten up kid and started running down the block. Well that's definetly something I can check off on my bucket list...