Chapter XXVII

◇◇◇

This chapter is dedicated to Alisa_lenka and RreadingQueen

◇◇◇

/ t w e n t y s e v e n /

Axle's POV

I really, really, really (times a million) love Lalix and even though we are werewolves and she's basically bonded to me, I still want to to make her feel that she is so special and that I love her.

I might sound really cliche but trust me, when you love someone, you'll unintentionally be cliche.

I said to Lalix that George and I are gonna go to another game but in reality I asked George to help me find an engagement ring for her.

I'm pretty sure she is not expecting this because of what happened recently.

Even at times when she thinks she is so ugly or fat, she always takes my breath away.

From the way she puts cheese over everything, how she loves a certain pillow and named it 'pilly',  how she loves her thigh high suade boots and tries to get away with wearing it with everything. She loves playing pixelated games- she loves basically any pixelated things, she loves when I massage her to sleep and she loves sending cute and weird little text messages even when we were just inches apart.

She's absolutely perfect in my eyes.

◇◇◇

George and I are already driving to buy a ring. We're currently rocking out to Fall Out Boy's song Centuries.

"We'll go down in history. " George sang banging his head back and forth.

"Remember me for centuries! " We both sang, shouting some of the lyrics out.

I obviously didn't know anything about this.... this girly things so I asked my friend George to come along with me. He has more experience with girls considering basically all of his family members are girls. He's just here for company and opinions, I guess.

I parked my car and headed out. Entering inside this building is kind of making me feel excited. The thought of officially living with Lalix for the rest of my life, now that's a life I would gladly love to have.

I looked at beautiful pieces of jewelries but one stood out for me. It was very beautiful. A big diamond was in the center, it was in between diamond leaves and the band was rose gold. (Picture on top)

I imagined the ring on Lalix' hand and it made me smile.

"That's the one." I said pointing at it while grinning.

"That's our limited edition for fall sir, so it might be a bit pricey." Pricey? I could buy the whole damn building and give it to her. I don't care about the price, all I care about is her and her happiness.

"I'll take it." I said giving my credit card for him to swipe. I didn't even look at the price of the ring because if I knew the price of the ring and if Lalix asks me about how much it was- I wouldn't be able to lie so I will tell her the truth, then she'll know how much it was. Then she'll make me give it back and probably reject me.

I might be overreacting but it's better safe than never.

"It'll be-" Before he even say the price of the ring I shushed him. Wherein he obeyed me while looking really confused.

"Uhmmm... Thanks for buying at Rings and Blings. Come back next time!" He said handing me the paper bag with the small black case and the ring inside of it, looking as if he honestly doesn't want me to come back again. We headed out of the building.

"Wow, I thought I was here for opinions but never mind me. I'm just a brick wall standing here, very unnoticeable. I am not at all concerned about my best bud getting married, not at all." George said sarcastically while opening the car door and going in. I just laughed at him and drove back to our house.

◇◇◇

When we got back I ordered, more like forced, George to see if Lalix was within range because if she is, she will freaking see this paper bag which clearly reads 'Rings & Blings'.

I was still in the car waiting for George to give me the signal. My phone dinged while I was playing. It was a text from George saying 'All Clear dude'.

I quickly locked the car and sneaked through the front door. I was tiptoeing in the hallway almost done with crossing the living room but of course, I tripped because of this damn umbrella on the floor.

Why was it even there?

"Axle?" Lalix asked from the living room. I quickly swallowed and spoke.

"Oh... Uhm... Hi babe!" I said quickly standing up.

"What was that noise?" She said still chilling on the couch, not looking at me in the hallway. Quick Axle, think of an explanation.

"My shirt fell."

"What? That was too loud to be a shirt." She said standing up from her seat slowly but I quickly shouted causing her to sit back down again in shock.

"No! Uhmm... It was because I was in the shirt that fell." Wow Axle, so great, I applaud you. Lalix then looked at me and I hid the paper bag behind me. She looked at me confused while I panicked.

"Lalix. I need to..." I paused thinking of an excuse to get out of this situation.

"I need to poop. Bye." I said quickly then rushed upstairs to our bedroom and locked the door. I sat on the bed and laid on it after.

I sighed and wiped the sweat that was on my forehead.

That was a close one.

Maybe I should throw out all the umbrellas in this house. Just maybe.

◇◇◇

/ n o t e /

I hope you guys love this chapter! The book is almost done, only a few chapters left. Sorry if it was a bit short. Tell me what you think about the chapter! I'll dedicate the next chapter to another one of my supporters!