Family - 1

I heard voices coming from outside the front door, so me being me, quickly paused the kids tv show I was half heartedly watching and jogged over to my room. I left the door half open and went behind it.

"Nathalie!" Yelled my dad.

I went out of my room and put on a smile as I saw my aunt, uncle, and dad.

"Hi.." I awkwardly said. I was always pretty shy when dealing with my dad side of the family. It's probably because one, I'm already fairly shy, and two, I was often embarrassed in their presence.

I gave each of them a hug and my brother soon walked in.

"Oh why are you still up its late. " my aunt asked me. I just sort of laughed at her question, not really wanting to respond.

"Are you done with your homework?!" Asked my dad, almost yelling.

"Almost. I just need to grab a paper from your car."

My dads car was locked and I had left my notebook inside. I just really wished I had lied about it instead because my dad started yelling at me.

"Are you kidding? You had the whole day to finish, and your going to blame me for not doing it?! You know what, go put down your fucking iPod and don't even touch it until it's done!"

"Okay." I said blankly. I walked towards my room as they all looked at me.

The worst part was he wouldn't do this if they weren't there. He probably only said all that to make him seem like a better parent or something.

I went out of my room and walked towards the kitchen. I decided to grab a glass of water and pretend I was doing something so I wouldn't just stand there.

"I'm guessing your the one watching tv?" My dad said, looking at me.

"Yeah."

"Oh so you were doing that instead of homework?"

I didn't respond but still looked right at him as he shook is head, looking incredibly mad.

He then said something else and the attention was finally taken off of me.

***
A/N

Ugh I was writing this and I decided to go out to get the notebook so I asked my dad and he was being a smart ass about it.

Me: "so can I get my notebook?"

Then my dad made some other annoying remarks like,
"It's not MY notebook?"

Me: "no I said it was my notebook."

Him: "hahah no you didn't."

Like bitch yes I did what the fuck you mean.

***

And I almost forgot, but the reason I wrote "family - 1" is because I'm sure they're going to be more cringy moments with them. I already have a few so stay tuned!