Chapter 7

The sun rose high in the sky.. the sky was clear and blue..it's 6. 30 already. Gishnetta was still on bed puzzled; what had happened to the alarm she thought. She never woke up so late then her thoughts went to Grace. With a heavy sigh she rose from her bed and moved towards the windows to open it. The fresh breeze caressed her face...  she closed her eyes and as she did so images flew in the darkness;.. Grace... Edwardo...and she opened her eyes quickly. Shit Ed said he would come over for breakfast, Gishnetta realised and rushed to the walk in wardrobe.

Gishnetta came out nearly by 7 she hurriedly dried her long black hair and moved to the kitchen. As she walked in the corridor she passed through Grace's room. Instinctively she reached for the door knob then a thought disturbed her. The diary!!!!!
She didn't know how will be Grace's reaction after that and she didn't have the courage to face her as well thinking whether her daughter's point of view about her has change.
... but every morning I wake her up and today is her birthday how can I let her as such.. Gishnetta thought.

Then hesitantly she opened the door... her eyes widened in shock. Grace's room was tidily set but she was nowhere to be seen; Gishnetta checked the washroom as well but she wasn't there. She felt a knot in her stomach and at that very moment She heard a loud noise coming from downstairs.. the kitchen Gishnetta thought.  She ran through the corridor and reached the staircase. As she reached near the kitchen she slowed her pace,  she could hear voices..laughter... and she knew instantly whose those were.

Gishnetta entered the kitchen and her jaws dropped open. Flour.... everywhere in her beautiful kitchen. And there stood figures covered with flour all over. She didn't even have time to react when Grace reached for her hands and pulled her in the flour battle which she was having with Edwardo. As Gishnetta tried to escape Edwardo tried to grab her by her waist and he lost balance and slipped over the flour spread all over the floor causing Gishnetta to fall over him and he took her in his arms. Edwardo let out a small cry while still having his arms around her. Grace giggled seeing them and covered her eyes with one hand, "don't worry please make as if I'm not here. "

Edwardo let go Gishnetta and turned to Grace,  "now will you stop being naughty and help us up please", he grimaced. Grace nodded and still giggling helped both of them up. She looked at her mama and she knew what was going on in her heart so she pulled her closer and hugged her softly first then tightly.
   "You mean everything to me so don't you even dare thinking that my attitude gonna change or you are going to lose me okay? I'm stuck to you for lifetime and nobody and nothing can separate us. I love you more than ever today and forever. "

With those words Grace wiped the tears from her mama's cheeks and kissed her softly. Gishnetta was speechless, all she could do was kiss her forehead and hug her back. After a while Grace broke the hug and turned towards Edwardo who was admiring them and as he saw Grace turning to him he quickly wiped away a drop of tear which was about to fall. Grace noticed and smiled at that, she then hugged him tightly too. Edwardo hugged back and smiled,
"So why am I being honored by this hug? " Edwardo asked amused.

"Because without you neither of us would have been able to stand this cruel world. I want you to know that I'll always be grateful.. "

Grace couldn't finish as Edwardo interrupted her,  "ohhh grateful, okay so after 18 years i happen to know that I've been a stranger to you and nothing else"

"Ohh shut up. You know very well that I didn't mean that.. " Grace started.

Edwardo narrowed his eyes.
Grace smiled softly and dropped a kiss on his cheeks and took his hands in hers.
"You are the reason of our existence and I love you and respect you so much and the place you have in my heart well you already know."

Grace couldn't help a naughty smile when tears fell from his eyes listening to her words. Edwardo returned the smile and Gishnetta joined the hug.

"Now will anybody explain to me what were you trying to do with all these flour? " Gishnetta asked pointing everywhere as she released them.

"Well it was your daughter's idea to prepare your favourite pancake and she is the one to switch off your alarm. "Edwardo said.

"And the pancakes were never prepared because Mr the Sheriff wanted to battle with me" Grace smirked.

"Oh really.. who was the one who teared the flour packet in a haste and spread the flour on me? " asked Edwardo raising his eyebrow.

And both of them started to argue. Gishnetta looked at them and wondered how would she be able to survive without both of them.

"Okay stop it now, " Gishnetta said loud., "what I don't understand is why you wanted to prepare my favorite pancake? It's your birthday and I should be preparing you your delicious pudding and French crepes!" exclaimed Gishnetta.

Grace pinched her mama's cheeks, "Because I'm a big girl now and I can take care of you for forever irrespective of the day. Plus today is special not because it's my birthday but because it's another day marking your success and to show the whole world that an independent woman can touch such height. And just wanted you to take some energy before this tiresome day starts but I guess its missed. " Grace said sadly.

"It's not missed Grace... your intentions are more important and we can have your midnight birthday cake and I can make your favorite milkshake and brew some coffee for us. " Gishnetta winked at her and Edwardo.

Grace hugged her softly and Gishnetta patted her head, "and it's not my success.. it's ours, yours.. mine.. Ed's because I might be independent but never would I have found this courage without both of you. " Gishnetta said smiling at Edwardo feeling relieved and full of joy at the same time. She thanked Lord for blessing her with these two amazing people.