Chapter 21

Petra

****

With some dainty courage and a quiet voice, I had finally told Mr. Farlan what went down on Monday. But I left out the killing part- and the whole ordeal about being a demon or something. Why would I tell him in the first place? Even if I had, he wouldn't have even believed me.

After my complex explanation, I was left dumbfounded and quite surprised to find that he was very worried when I had told him the really reasons behind the bruises- bullies. You'd think a guy like him would be a bypasser or something. In the end after my story, he had attempted to embrace me in a comforting hug. But that went absolutely no where and had left a big red mark on his face, and an empty apology.

Shockingly he gave me the whole week off from my school work as well, seeing as I couldn't even move with out having to complain that it hurt to practice dancing and or do anything when really, it didn't hurt that bad. I just wanted to stay home and lock myself in my room all day. I couldn't stop thinking, about..... what had happened. The memory kept playing over and over in my mind.

The slightly chapped lips of him against my own.

His eyes barely closing to the point of him squinting.

His calm and collected posture when I had fallen.
...

..
..

Yeah....... Ok never mind. I'm grossing myself out. I'm not one for romance and gooey soft talk. Sad too say it actually churns my stomach to where I wanna throw up just thinking of him. I think it's called butterflies in your stomach. Speaking of him, He hasn't come around since Monday. And it's Thursday, not that I care...... I really don't.

I've been hiding in my room from everyone; including aunty bee. Hiding, waiting 24/7 from something. Hiding from what? Well the thing that basically crawled out from the gift I had recieved from my father. I'm not sure why he gave this "gift" to me, but ever since my father left his "present", I've refused to let anyone see me. I've laid in bed all day, all night, just hiding behind my curtains, and hiding beneath my blankets.

*flashback*

I closed my door gently behind me, to shocked to kick the fixed door, and to occupied with the images of what happened to notice the black box on my bed. That is, until I nearly sat on it.

"A gift for my lovely ghost."

-your father

Was all it read on a note on top. I was curious to know what it was, so I removed my fingers from my lips, and removed the lid, only to be blasted back with a strong breeze and black like fog, leaking out from the box.

"Holy shit!" I nearly cried from shock, dropping the lid. Hastily I got up fast from the bed and slowly watched the inside contents leisurely fall from the box, and onto my bed spread.

"Petra....." It moaned as it seeped from the bed onto the floor, slowly crawling towards me like creeping clusters. I backed up quickly from it in repsonse, watching with curious eyes as it circled my ankles like a barricade and continued to do so.

"Petra....." Again it sounded, with multiple voices whispering like the haunt of a ghost. It sounded so distant, so... eerie and spooky.

"What the hell did you get me?" I muttered underneath my breath in disbelief. Unexpectedly to my knowledge I received an answer. "I've given you a gift." His chilling voice rang in the air, surprisingly not in my head. I shouldn't have asked or even wondered. But my curiosity got the best of me and I found myself asking him my question instead of running away like I should have.