s i x

"Why are you now just telling me about this!" Astrid grins, following me to my car.

"Tell you what?" I play dumb, taking out my keys so I could unlock the doors.

"That you had a steamy sex dream with Grayson!"

I gasp, covering her mouth with my hand. She licks my palm in circular motions, quickly pulling my hand away to wipe her saliva on my jeans.

"Jesus, would you keep your voice down!" She winks, getting in the passenger seat.

"And it wasn't even a sex dream. He may have used some compelling words, but we didn't do anything!"

"Calm down. You act as if it was real."

She groans, looking through each and everyone of my fleetwood mac tapes. I take them out of her hands, putting them back where they belong.

"Damn, Mari. Don't be a hater."

Nobody was and could ever be aloud to touch those tapes. Not even god himself.

I ignore her, pulling out of the parking lot. There wasn't enough parking spaces for everybody. Most of the time I park on the street. Guess I just got lucky.

Astrid picked up a tape from the floor beneath her. I must've missed one while putting them away.

Fleetwood Mac, 1975.

"Will you at least play Rhiannon?"

I sigh, letting her hand me the tape to slide into the cassette player. I knew every single word to most songs. Thanks dad.

She rings like a bell through the night.

And wouldn't you love to love her.

She rules her life like a bird in flight.

And who will be her lover.

"Would you stay if she promised to you heaven?" I sing, rolling down all the windows.

"Will you ever win!" She shouts, clapping her hands. Cars pass by, taking a quick glimpse at us dancing in our seats. Some laugh, pointing at us, while others just glared.

The song has now ended. We glance at each other, panting like mad men.

"I really needed that."

She hums in response, taking out a nude lipstick out of her purse. I swerve the car, making it exhausting for her to try and stay steady.

The lipstick rams into her lips, leaving a dent at the tip. She slaps my arm, trying to surgically put the mauvey, matte lip shade back together.

"I hate you so much for that!"

I pull into my driveway, noticing my mom's car was gone. She had either taken another shift from one of her coworkers; or spending money she doesn't have.

"Adam, you home?" I yell, slipping off my shoes as well as Astrid. We set our backpacks on the couch, following each other to the kitchen.

"In here!"

He sat upon a tall stool, typing into his laptop. His fingers move to a notebook, also writing things in there.

"Adam Lee Sanders. My brother. Is actually doing his homework for a change!"

He rolls his eyes, taking a quick sip out of his water glass before going back to his computer.

"Coach said if I don't change my shit. I'm off the team."

"I thought football wasn't your cup of tea anyway?"

"Yeah, that too. Mom said If I didn't start going, no more social life."

"You honestly believe mom would ground you for more then two days!" I snort.

Astrid steps in, stealing a couple doritos that sat in a bag beside his backpack.

"That's because he'd much rather be getting high at a skatepark than deal with a bunch of cliches." He chuckles at her choice of words, causing us both to shrug.

"Well. Take your cliches somewhere else. I'm gonna go bathe myself."

"Good. You smell like the depths of shreks ass!"

I huff, throwing a random couch pillow across the room. She dodges it, blowing me a kiss.

"Nice try. Best of luck next time." She winks, walking back into the kitchen. It took me a moment to process walking up the stairs.

Once I had reached the top of the stairs, I started to pant. I grab a quick clean pair of underwear from my dresser; regaining breath.

I turn the shower knob, pulling down the drain; allowing the water to fill the tub. I stuck a finger in, testing the temperature.

I strip down from head to toe, slowly stepping in. My back rest against the white tile, sinking until my back touched the bottom.

"You're not gonna believe this!" Astrid yells, barging into the bathroom. I try to cover myself as much as I possibly could with the curtain.

"Dude!" I scream.

She sits on the toilet, looking back down at her phone; shaking her head.

"Grayson ha--"

"Spit it out!"

I grab a towel, wrapping it around my body. She panics, handing me her phone once my hands were dry.

"Grayson has a twin brother."

Hello peeps, yes another update. The past two chapters have pretty much been Mariana singing fleetwood mac and I'm sorry but I can't help it they are so legendary and have been a big part of my childhood.

Anywho, my nose is burning so bad because of these damn allergies.

PEACE 🍑