The Story of CJ & Mya: Episode 1

Mya's Room | 6:05 PM 

Mya stands in her bedroom doorway, frozen. She looks at the pile of clothes on the bed and feels this anxious, nervousness in the pit of her stomach as she tries to decide what wear. She hates having to become this person who she is not in order to please someone else; this happy energetic, people-pleasing amplified version of herself. Like a glorified salesperson. What is she selling...herself?

She shifts through the clothes then finally makes a decision. She slides a black skirt up her long legs and slips into a silky red blouse. She fishes out a pair of black 6-inch heels from a pile of shoes in the middle of the floor. She glances at the clock – 6:27 PM. I'm running late, she realizes. She digs her cell phone out of her purse then dials the last number in her log. "Hey, this is Mya," she says, "I am running a little late. You know this Atlanta traffic." She listens for a few seconds then responds, "yes, of course, see you soon." She quickly grabs her keys and purse then heads out the door.

Ruth's Chris Steak House Restaurant | 6:28 PM
CJ arrived at the restaurant early. It's not that she is so punctual, it's that she is too nervous to be the last one to arrive for a first date. I will be able to check her out before she even sees me, she decides. As she patiently waits in the restaurant's lobby, her phone rings.

"Hi," she answers and listens intently. "I understand. No worries, take your time just be safe." She hangs up as the hostess calls her name, "James party of 2". She uses her last name, James, because she hates Cassandra, her first name. She explains that she is still waiting for her date but the young, power wielding, and ridiculously hot, hostess quickly says that CJ "cannot be seated without her party being present". Fine, CJ thinks as she continues to wait, patiently.

After another twenty minutes of waiting, she just wants some bread or something. Great first date this is turning out to be, she thinks sarcastically. She found someone who is 86% compatible with her on an online dating site. She hates that she has to use a dating site but meeting women in real life is just as hard. Seems as if it is the only way to meet women, though, especially for someone as introverted as CJ. Punctuality must not have been part of the compatibility test, she thinks as she continues to wait, now impatient and hungry.

Ruth's Chris Steak House Restaurant | 7:03 PM
Mya gives herself one last once over then a little pep talk before getting out of the car: you got this; you are confident; you are THE HBIC.Head up and chest out with determination in her eyes, she grabs her things and heads into the restaurant. Time to be great!

CJ stands as she spots her, very late, date approaching. She is prettier in person, CJ thinks as she tries not to have an attitude. "Hi, nice to finally meet you, Jennifer."

"Hey CJ," Jennifer responds while going in for a hug. "I am so sorry for being late. I had an emergency with my roommate you wouldn't believe." CJ lets Jennifer throw her arms around her and squeeze her neck in an awkward hug. When they release, CJ checks out Jennifer'soutfit; black dress boots; skinny jeans; and a short sleeve pink top showing plenty of cleavage. CJ begins to feel a lot more forgiving now.

"It's fine. You can tell me all about it during dinner. I am starving."

"I definitely have to," Jennifer responds with a level of enthusiasm that CJ wishes she had.

Mya scrolls through the restaurant dining room and approaches a group of men at a back table still feeling nervous about her meeting. "Hi guys," she flashes that bright infamous Chandler smile. The Chandler's are known for their hereditary bright, dimple smiles that can be spotted a mile away. The smile known for manipulating many.