Chapter 3

Miguel Winters featured above.
*********

"Miguel Winters" I repeated the name to the girl at the front desk.

She was quite young, about my age. Her shoulders were slouched, and platinum blonde bangs fell across her forehead in a way that concealed most of her face. She was actually quite pretty, but her lack of confidence took away from that.

Her small petite hands glided across the keyboard.

"Room 101" Her soft voice replied.

"Thanks" I said, making my way passed the front desk.

"Sorry uhm...only family allowed" Her voice squeaked behind me.

"I'm his sister" I lied as I pushed my way though the doors.

I walked down the corridors and caught the elevator to the second level.

When the elevator doors slid open I strode out and walked down the long corridor in search of room 101.
90
91
92
93
94
95
As I rounded the corner, in my peripheral vision I saw a figure dive quickly and quietly behind the vending machine.

It was no coincidence either that the person made no sound in doing so. That took skill.

My instincts heightened in response.

My hand reached for the gun in my leather jacket.

I quietly stepped towards one side of the vending machine and then pulled my gun out on my accomplice.

"Whoa-Juni-gun-stop!"

"Shit, Vera!" I exclaimed frustratedly at the sight of my younger sister. She was standing in a flower pot, the plant itself in one hand and a half eaten Snickers bar in the other.

I placed my gun back into its holder concealed within my jacket.

"What are you doing?" I demanded.

"My friend's brother is in hospital" she said before taking a bite out of her Snickers.

My brain didn't really take her response into account. My eyes were locked in on what she was eating.

I suddenly regretted not eating breakfast with....what's-his-face.
My mind ran over my memory of that guy.
After a quick scan I came to the conclusion that I never got his name.

Vera traced my gaze back to her bar. She offered it to me and I took it and ravaged what was left.

Vera raised her eyebrows at me.

"So what's the disguise for?" I asked.

"Oh this" she said looking at the plant in her hand. "I saw you and thought Ro was here as well".

Her eyes narrowed and held my gaze.

"What are you doing here?" She said raising a questioning brow. "I thought you and Ro were meeting up with Mista back at HQ"

"I have an errand to run" I said simply as I pocketed the wrapper.

"Wouldn't have anything to do with why you weren't home last night?"

"Just get your dumbass to school ok" I say avoiding her question. "And get out of that flower pot, you look like a fricken weirdo". I turn away to carry on down the corridor.

"A sexy weirdo" she retorted.

"Pfft I still won" I replied, throwing a wave over my shoulder.

"Whatever" she retorted.
I could almost hear her eye roll.