Prologue

Stormclaw walked into the Moonpool and sat at the base of the glimmering pond, "Pineleaf," he said in a nervous tone, "Do you think I will get the blessing of StarClan?"  A brown tabby tom walked into the shining cave, his fur glowing silver in the process. "Of course you will Stormclaw. No-cat can deny the fact you are the rightful leader of NightClan," Said the old tom in a wise tone. He could feel the waves of uncertainty bouncing of the young cat. With those precious words of encouragement he lapped up a small amount of the shining water and fell into a deep, coma-like sleep. The medicine cat watched over the brown tabby tom knowing of the now sealed fate of NightClan.

     "Hello there young one," Said a distant voice. Stormclaw instantly recognised the voice to be of his old mentor, Lilyfoot. "Lilyfoot! Oh how good it is to see you again! I have missed you so much!" mewed Stormclaw as the white she-cat padded close to him. "Now is not the time for reunions young Stormclaw. After all we have a ceremony to preform," She said with proudness laced in her voice. Stormclaw saw cats he knew appear in the vast, glittery grassland before him. Faces of cats he knew for long ago, "Blueear! Windpelt! Almondfrost!" Then he saw a small star in the distance coming closer. He squinted his amber eyes straining to see the cat in the distance. Suddenly, he saw the black she-cat walking closer, "Shadowstar!" he called recognising the previous leader. "Hello dear Stormclaw. I always knew you would make a fine leader." The black she-cat mewed in a soft tone before pressing her nose against the brown tabby's head. He felt a jolt of energy flow through him.  This happened 8 more times before he heard his previous leader say to him, "I am now proud to be the first to call you by your new name, Stormstar..." This was the last word he heard before he felt himself falling back into reality.

He felt the cold, stone floor beneath him and he sat up and saw the worried expression on Pineleaf, the NightClan medicine cats, face. "Pineleaf, what is wrong?" Questioned the new leader mirroring the old cats fear. "It's ok Stormstar, nobody is hurt but Frostwing has just told me that Jaywing is having kits" mewed the tabby in an urgent manner. The three cats raced back to the camp to find Jaywing in the nursery with three small kits laying at her stomach. Stormstar smiled, thankful that his mate was ok. Pineleaf ushered all the cats that were inside the nursery out to look at the new-born kits. "All the kits are healthy but the ginger she cat is a little on the small side." Mewed Pineleaf careful not to wake the sleeping kits. Stormstar looked down and saw the 3 kits, two she-cats and one tom. He felt proud that one of the she cats shared his tabby stripes. "Shall we name them my love?" said Jaywing looking down at the 3 tiny bundles of fur. It took Stormstar a minute to comprehend her words as he was still in awe of the new lives below him. Finally he responded," Yes Jaywing we should. You can choose the first one." Jaywing looked thoughtfully down at the kits studying each one closely. "The grey tabby she-cat shall be named Skykit after her rain cloud like pelt," Spoke Jaywing pride laced in her sweet voice. "The tom shall be named Firekit after his fiery pelt," Stormstar spoke following on after his mate, "and the last ginger she-cat will be named Shadowkit after Shadowstar." 

After receiving congratulations from most of the clan he leapt up to the top of the Jagged Rock to announce his new deputy. He had decided on his younger sister, Rainheart. After the ceremony all went back to normal. Or so they thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Edited ✔️
-Sweet