Chapter 1

Shadowkit ran around the nursery chasing after a big ball of moss. Pretending it was a giant mouse she leapt on it sending it right in to her mother, Jaywing's shoulder. "Shadowkit! Stop throwing that old ball of moss around and go play with your siblings." Her mother said before tucking her head into her tail. Shadowkit was bored of staying in the nursery with her siblings. She was desperate to become an apprentice but she was 5 moons old...she still had a WHOLE moon to wait before she would join Oakpaw and Ravenpaw in the apprentice den. Even her denmates, Flightfur's kits, were going to become apprentices before her.

Padding out of the nursery she saw her two siblings, Skykit and Firekit, play fighting each other. 'They haven't seen me' she thought as she silently stalked them. Suddenly, they stopped to take a breather. Seeing her chances she leapt straight at Firekit but before she could reach him a black flash ran in front of her and before she could stop the ginger kit crashed into the flash's leg hitting her nose in the process. Blinking multiple times before she saw an angry looking face glaring at her from above. "Sorry Darkfang, I didn't mean to bash into your paw," She apologised quickly, her ears lying flat against her head. "Well don't do it again, kit... or it might just be your last..." He growled stalking off into the dark forest.

Shadowkit, now too scared to play with her siblings, stalked off to her father's den. Her father was the leader, Stormstar. Many cats, especially the other clans, thought that Stormstar was a bad leader as his mate, her mother, Jaywing used to be kittypet. They thought less of her because of this and she was determined to prove them wrong. Shadowkit decided there and then she was going be a brave warrior. She was going to follow in her father's paw steps. She was going to be the next leader of NightClan. "Shadowkit! Shadowkit!" She heard, breaking her out of her trance. She looked up to see her mother calling her name, "Shadowkit, I've been calling your name for the last 5 minutes! What were you thinking of anyway? Come on we have to get you back to the nursery. It's feeding time. I have your favourite. Mouse! Quick before it gets cold." Shadowkit followed Jaywing into the nursery.

After eating her fill of mouse, Shadowkit ran straight out of the nursery and sat in the middle of camp looking up at the Jagged Rocks. The elders told her that long before she was born there were 4 different clans, ThunderClan, RiverClan, WindClan and ShadowClan. She was supposedly a descendant of the Great Rowanstar of ShadowClan. They also said the 4 clans left this forest moons and moons ago because of two-legs but they still live over the mountains. When the two-legs destroyed the forest they also destroyed the High Rock creating the Jagged Rocks. Where Clan Meetings are held and the leader sleeps. Since then the trees and plants have grown back creating her home. 'No' She thought, 'NightClan's home' She padded closer to the big cluster of rocks and leapt up to the smallest, then the next, then another till she reached the top.

"Shadowkit, Get down from there!" She heard a voice from below. "Quick! Somebody get her down!" Her mother called desperately. "We can't! They might knock her off if they jump up," One of the warriors, Skyfall called. "We have no choice but to let her climb down herself!" Some-cat called. This was the last thing she heard before he front paws slipped almost making her fall off. She heard he mother wail nervously as her back paws slid off the rock and her front paws gave way. Her head banged against one of the rocks before her limp body hit the ground and the world around her faded into darkness.

"It's ok young one, you are in StarClan," Shadowkit heard a sweet voice say. Opening her emerald eyes she saw a pretty, black she-cat standing before her. Her black pelt was covered in shining stars. 'A StarClan warrior!' thought Shadowkit before the black warrior mewed to her, "Young one, my name is Hollyleaf and I am her to guide you back to the world of the living." "I won't be joining StarClan yet then?" Questioned Shadowkit following Hollyleaf down a starry path. "No young one, not yet but you will see a lot more of me," And with that Hollyleaf faded away and the starry path turned to the cold, stone floor of the medicine den. She looked up to see her mother, father, siblings and medicine cat, Pinefur, looking down at her with a shared look of concern. Her mother immediately started licking her and her siblings jumped on her. Moving away from them she walked up to the pool of water in the medicine den and looked at her reflection. She had 3 jagged scars running across her eye and one across her mouth. She started to tear up at the thought of being like this for ever. She walked back to the nursery expecting to see Flamekit, Darkit and Smallkit. But they weren't there.

XxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxX
-Sweet

Edited: Not yet ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)