The Guardians of The Light

*** Ello there its Tammie :] . I'm not gonna be able to upload much but I will try. Comments and tips are appreciated. <3 Tammie ***   

  chapter 1: a glimmer in the dark

                                                             Rina ☮ ☮ ☮

               When me and my sister Roxie were little, our mom would always make us feel like we were different. She would tell us, " In darkness there is light, and in life there lies hope. My darlings, you along with others like yourself are destined to be the lights in the midst of darkness, and you will bring hope to the hopeless."

               As my sister knelt down and peered over the edge of the cliff, I thought about my mom. I wish she was here right now and dad too. I spun the locket they gave me around in my hands. I wanted us to be together again, like we used to be.

              I heard Roxie sigh and I turned to her. "Fuck, another explosion and more lives lost, when is this shit going to stop?" I didn't here an explosion, I  was too busy  thinking about mom and dad. I sniffed quietly, "Mom wouldn't want you using those kind of words." "Well mom  isn't here now, is she Rina?"

             I felt hot tears run down my cheek and then my sister's arms and wings wrap around me . "I'm sorry Rina, I shouldn't have snapped at you. I'm just really stressed and worried. Now c'mon little sis you have to help me complete this mission, ok?"

             I nodded. Me and my big sister were given a mission along with all the other guardians to take out all of the enemy's camps using the weapons we were given. Our home town is being attacked by a relentless war lord named Marcius and his minions. We were told we had to defend our home. Well, thats what my sister told me. I didn't understand much about war. I only knew that when Marcius' minions took our parents, we had to fight and rescue them.

            The humans weren't much help, they died too easily, to think they were the ones who tortured us. Most  guardians ended  up being captured or killed, but if we didn't help then who would?

              I watched as my sister put her bag of arrows and grenades on her back, extended her wings and dove down the cliff.  She quickly disappeared out of my sight, but I knew she was fine. Roxie is always a big show off when it comes to flying.

                                                              Roxie ➷ ➷ ➷

            " I can't believe I have to do this again." I looked up at the sky and then at the city below, it felt as if I was flying between heaven and hell. Above me the sky was cloudless and it was a burnt orange colour with light streaks of pink. The sun is setting and all is serene. Beneath me is nothing but dead flora, everything had been burnt. Using my hand I wiped a few tears from my face. Those bastards are destroying my home.

               "Ok, enough of looking at scenery, I have a few douche bags to kill. I flew over one of the enemy's camps. It was a small, square shaped building. It had Marcius' sign on it, an arrow going through an eye.

I quickly got two grenades out of my bag and threw them at the building. The explosion was massive. The flames reached extreme heights and a few of my feathers got burned. "For the love of god, why my wings? Why not my foot or hair or something?" As I plucked a few burnt feathers from my wings I felt something sting me in my arm. I looked down and saw a minion with a bow and a bunch of poisonous arrows in his hand and a smirk on his face.

                  Everything went black and it felt like I was being transported into a dream world, but nothing had changed. I could see what was going on. I saw my body plummet to the ground and then being taken up by the exultant minion. I could see Rina swooping down off the cliff and coming to my rescue. My little sister would have to take care of herself for now. I taught her everything she knew, she would be fine. I just hoped she kills this dick head. My dream got blurry, the last thing I saw was Rina shooting at my attacker with a double barrel gun, tears streaming down her face. I saw a flash of white light and then nothing.