The Hopeless

Rina ☮ ☮ ☮

                     I took my sister out of the arms of the now dead minion. My tears streamed down my face onto hers. Where could I go? Who could help me? I was a nine year old all alone in the world. My sister was the only family I had left after my parents were taken. I sobbed violently. I needed my big sister, she helped me through everything. She was my friend, my protector and my guide. Without her I am nothing.

                   I looked around and saw nothing but fire everywhere and dead bodies laying around. My eyes watered. What if I ended up like one of them. The only thing my sensitive ears could here was gunfire and screams. Gunfire and screams, nothing else. I wiped my eyes. I wanted mommy and daddy and most of all Roxie. For a while I was just floating in mid air, crying over my sister's unconscious body.

                  Something Roxie told me when the war started made its way into my mind. Two ultimate guardians of the light, Cahrece and Laurina. My sister told me that if either of us got hurt, we were to go to them for assistance. She gave me the directions telepathically, all guardian siblings could do that. I could never hide anything from my sister, that was the only downside of telepathy.

                  With eyes red and clothes stained with tears, I decided I should go now if I wanted to make it before nightfall. The journey would be hard, but I would do anything to help my sister and I mean ANYTHING.

                   "Its ok Roxie," I whispered into her ear."I'm gonna get help for you and we can be together again, alright?"

                    I sighed exasporatedly, held my sister bridal style and extended my wings. I soared into the sky and watched as my tears flew off my face. I flied pass the cliff we were on only moments ago. According to my sister's directions I had to find a large cave. I looked down, my arms trembling. Roxie was too heavy. I spotted something below about 32 minutes later that looked like a cave.Well it looked like a black tunnel...close enough.

                  Like an arrow, I quickly shot down to the ground. I was shocked to see two minions with weapons guarding the cave. All minions were clones of Marcius, but some were bigger than others. I knew they wouldn't have sympathy on me even though  I'm little because well, they were heartless meanies.

                   Of coure they spotted me. Who wouldn't miss a girl with huge wings carrying another girl about 2x her size? They threw these crazy huge grenades at me. I quickly tucked my wings in behind my back and dodged the grenades. I put Roxie's body on the ground. I couldn't fight with her in my arms, I wasn't a good fighter anyway. I was the peacekeeper. Fighting was against everything I believed in, but I had to do this for my sister. I took her bag of weapons off of her back. There was only 5 grenades and 12 arrows with a bow.

                   I took out 4 grenades and growled at them. "Listen you jerks, you're gonna pay for hurting all my guardian friends, NO ONE HURTS MY FAMILY" I shouted. I ran as fast as I could, my feet lifting off the ground as I did. I focused on the bigger minion with a smile on his face. He probably thought I wasn't even a threat, I would prove him wrong.

                 I yelled, " DIE YOU EVIL, HIDEOUS MONSTER" and threw a grenade at him as hard as I  could. I flew through the flames not caring how much it hurt. I was a guardian and fire didn't hurt that much. I tackled the minion to the ground and punched him repeatedly. I spat in his face and suddenly I felt my body being thrown into the air. I forgot about the other minion. "UGH" I grunted as my body fell hard on the ground. He slapped me and I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

                          He took one look at me and then at my sister sprawled on the ground a few feet away. I saw a glint in his eye and the only thing I could think was NO NO NO! He ran to her, but I grabbed his foot and flew high in the air. His struggling made it hard to fly steadily. I went up about 7,000 feet hanging him by his feet. I inhaled angrily and let him go. He would go splat. I smiled to myself then flew back down trying not to look at the blood covered minion.

                          I picked up my sister and nonchalantly walked through the cave opening and whistled a little tune. It was extremely dark in the cave.  I glided my hands along it, it was rocky and had an earthy smell. I dragged my feet slowly and kept looking behind me. It was hard for me to believe that after defeating two minions, I was afraid of a dark cave.

                         Roxie's face was pale. I was scared, hungry and alone. I wished there was someone here with me, not just my sleeping sister. That was a good way to think of it, she was only sleeping. I just needed a sign of hope, something to keep me going.

                         I felt an intense heat on my chest. It was my locket, it was glowing. I twirled it around in my fingers and whispered,"I miss you guys too, don't give up and keep fighting. We're coming for you." And with that I started running, determined to help my sister and rescue my parents.