P R O L O G U E

It took the entire ocean to feel the pressure on my chest when I was typing 'I like you' on my phone, unbelievingly deciding to send it to Dave. The urge to say it to him was burning and aching. Part of me wanted him to know the existence of this kind of feeling to him. Part of me wouldn't.

"Jane, should I go for it or what?" I asked Jane for like the tenth time.

"I should smack the back of your head rather. Just go for it. No gain no loss." She assured.

"You know Dave! And I'm making a 'not ladylike' move here. I don't like to initiate action." It was kind of weird when I did it. 'Ladies first' was not likely applicable in terms of stuff like this. It felt so wrong and against the universe.

Jane stared at me like she was going to make a burrito out of me. "Look. Even if he wouldn't want to be with you, at least you know what is his answer rather than him fooling around and make this tug of war even more worse but, if he wants to and you both idiots have mutual feelings, I'll bless you both the day till your wedding."

I sighed. 

Kept telling myself some things better left unsaid. This? I wanted to bury it in my deepest heart and never tell him. Somehow I knew how this will turn out but somehow, I wanted him to know that this timid Wendy happened to like him.

A lot.

"I'm sending. I'm tapping send." I said. Quite loud.

"Just do it." Jane said lamely. Probably tired of assuring and convincing me since two hours ago.

"I'M SENDING!" I tapped send. "I SENT IT!" I thought the feeling would end there but the anticipation to wait his reply was even more worse. Our previous conversation was about the fun fair. Slowly dragged me to a point where I wanted to state my feelings.

"God damn it Jane I hate this feeling when I send risky text." Jane giggled. I glared at her, expecting she would give me a little of Shakespeare. Turned out she made the Mad Hatter stunt to my face.

"Aww it's so funny to see my bestfriend like this." She giggled again.

"JANE I HATE YOU." I replied.

"It's worth it Wendy. Trust me." I looked at her deeply. As I was about to insult her, my phone rang. The screen displayed 'A message from Dave Wyatt'.

I gave the look to Jane. She nodded and eyes on the phone. There were thousands of questions bulleting my head. My hands were shaky and sweaty. I was nervous. As I unlocked my phone, I quickly pressed the message bubble.

I was right.

•••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey wattpad people! Thanks for dropping here and read the first part of my story. My grammar is a little suck and this is unedited since I couldn't find someone to edit it out for me.

How's the  P R O L O G U E  part? Drop your comment and vote if you love it! 

Stay tune for  the next update!

P/S  : Follow me and I'll follow you back ;D