C H A P T E R 1

Thanks to my readers who voted for the Prologue. Here's the first chapter and it's a long one.

English is not my native language so there might some grammatical errors.

Also there are light vulgars in this chapter and the other as well, so READ ON YOUR OWN RISK.

• Dedicated to Icequem123

------

| Songs for this chapter |
Grenade by Bruno Mars
Same Old Love by Selena Gomez

Throw them away Wendy.

My thought was so loud, asking me to toss everything that belonged to James into the trash. His jersey and the locket he gave to me were the hardest one to throw away. They were the things that brought back good memories that we used to share when we were together.

I still couldn't believe how he simply said that we should go our own ways. The look on his face that night when he was asking for breakup still fresh in my mind. It was like he already planned for it. His eyes were not teary. His face was at peace. Emotionless.

I sat against my wardrobe, facing the huge glass window. It was the first day of spring. The snow started to melt and it was my favourite season of all time. Now I just couldn't wait for the flowers to bloom. They would make good pictures to add up in my collection.

Sighed.

My hands were still holding onto James' stuffs, staring at them for a few seconds. I hated myself for being too kind and too forgiving. James didn't deserve that. He should've done better but he let go of the chance. I was warned by few of his friends but James was too promising. In the end, I was blinded by those sweet talks and little things.

I wondered if mom still kept those big piles of thrown boxes in the garage. She was quite the hoarder. I went downstairs in quick pace. My sister went the opposite way and stopped when she saw me.

"Are those James'?" Bella asked and I nodded. "Congratulations. You should've done that like after he asshole ditched you."

"Are those my chips?" Bella grinned and slowly went upstairs. "I TOLD YOU TO NEVER TOUCH MY FOOD!" Bella pretended she didn't hear that and just giggle all her way up.

Idiot.

The garage was even dustier than ever. Bella and I were supposed to clean it but since mom went for a business trip, this was the result. I found the boxes at the very corner and took one, throwing everything inside and wrapping it up.

As I was about to exit the garage, my phone buzzed. It was a message from Jane.

Jane : "Breadoven. 3 o'clock. We're surprising Jacob."

I rose my left eyebrow. We? Why there was a 'we' when Jane was in Washington.

Wendy : "We as in?"

Then it hit me. Jane was probably here already.

Wendy : "Bitch are you in England?"

Jane : " *wink wink* "

Bingo. Jane was here and she didn't tell me and the rest of the girls. I looked at the time on my phone. It was already 2.15. Hailey lived a few blocks away from me so I texted her saying that I would pick her up. She told me Jane texted her as well. We hated how Jane always make an unexpected surprise and she pulled it at its best.