#3

I clicked the button for the elevator; my head cast down staring at my shuffling feet. Patrick was standing behind me and beside him the rest of the guys. I could feel his gaze burning into the back of my head, scrutinizing everything that had changed. The lip piercing and the whiter hair and the new style and the healthy body and the small tattoo of an anchor bursting with stars residing on her arm. She got that one to represent she was a survivor, it told her to stay anchored enough to think for herself but to let her head drift in the cloud sometimes.

When they reached the penthouse floor (which is where she lived after becoming a best selling author) Emma gestured for everyone to leave the elevator before her, she felt safer is she knew what was behind her. 

"This is a nice place Ems." Joe said looking around, It was in fact a nice place, it had beautiful view of New York City below, a nice modern yet rustic feel, and a lot of open space. It was all I could have ever dreamed of.

"Can you guys just call me...... Emma for now, i'm more comfortable with it at the moment." I said as i went to grab a couple of chairs from my kitchen table, I only had enough seats to fit four people and I don't think now was a good time for anyone to be sitting on the floor.

I dragged a chair into the living room, Pete put his hand on mine , saying that he could take the chair, i let go, he could take it. I saw Kat and Andre bringing in some chairs , Andy had offered to stand and i wanted Kat standing next to me for this so that was enough chairs to accommodate the odd amount of humans in my residence.

"What do you want to know?" I said staring into Patrick's eyes.

"Why did you leave?" He questioned.

My teeth clenched, that was something that i didn't want to get into, "I was offered a much higher paying job here, in New York."

"I asked why you left, Emma?" Patrick stood up from the chair he was sitting in only to have Kat approach him making him sit back down.

"You already know how Robert was, but the others don't. I know none of you liked and for a very valid reason, he was abusive, both physically and mentally. Over the tour i came to my senses and stopped texting him, i felt safe away from him. When i came home he was, aggressive, he beat me, breaking my arm and almost my rib, splitting my lip and giving me a black eye. I refused to live with it anymore, i packed up my bags that night and started my drive to New York, so that's why i'm here, i figured i'd have a better life, and at the time i wanted a new start, away from everything." I said slightly coldly

Joe's eyes widened to un-proportional measures, his mouth hung agape as he blubbered like a fish. "I, I never knew Emma, are you okay, how did you live with it, why didn't you ever tell me what happened?" Joe whispered.

I looked down my eyes tearing up "I was brainwashed, i thought everything was my fault, why should i tell someone my own mistake. I wish i had told you trust me, but i don't regret a thing i did, and I'm sorry but i couldn't live like that anymore." Tears were rolling down my face now, not ugly tears but steady flowing tears.

Kat bent down in front of me and pecked my lips. "Shh, he's gone now, that's not one of your problems anymore." She whispered, She leaned her forehead against mine trying to comfort me.

I smiled at her and stood up tall. I wiped the tears away from my eyes and stood up.

"I'm happy here, I am not leaving no matter what you say." I said strongly. "You guys can come back into my life but I'm staying here, adjustments just have to be made." I smiled.

"Of course we can do that, it'll be great to have you back Ems!" Joe gleamed.

"Can I just steal Emma for a second guys?" Patrick asked.

"Yeah, okay." I said giving Kat a thumbs up.

I led Patrick into my room, closing the door behind us. "Yeah?" I asked as i turned to him.

"Emma, i still love you." He said grabbing my hand.

My breathing hitched as i thought back to all the time we spent on the tour bus, the way I fell in love with every molecule in his body, I loved him then.

"Patrick, I don't, know how I feel about you, you've been out of my life for so long, I've moved on." I said pulling my hands out of his. "I wany to be your friend, I want you to be with me, but not in that way.

He sighed looking down his eyes holding a deep sadness but when he looked up i could tell he was fighting it.

"I'm willing to deal with it, i want to be with, but if i can only be freinds with you that's enough for me." He smiled.

"Oh thank you so much Trick!" I exclaimed throwing my arms around his body.

He wrapped his arms around me holding me tightly till i pulled away and motioned to the door. I walked over opening to hear the laughs of everyone outside, they seemed to be getting along quite well. I was happy for that, my old friends and my new ones would now be friends as well. Made it whole lot easier for me because I'm not willing to give up either of them.

I sat down beside Kat wrapping my arm around her shoulder. "What did we miss?" I asked.

"Oh not much, just a whole lot of story time, like the time you faceplanted into a puddle!" Joe said overjoyed.

I felt my face turn a bright colour of red. "What the hell who told you that?" I yelled.

"Just your lovely girlfriend, i sure do like her!" Joe remarked as he pointed to Kat.

I punched her in the shoulder smiling lightly. "I thought we were in love uou douche canoe." I laughed.

"We are, you can't be in love if you dont share funny stories about the other." She giggled.

I turned away from her in fake ander and she planted a kiss on my cheek.

"That won't make it better." I frowned.

"God could you two get a room, it's disgusting." Pete sneered.

I stuck my tongue out smiling, i was so happy to be back with them.

************************************************************************************************************
HOLY FUCKING SHIT, AN UPDATE! SORRY EVERYONE I'VE BEEN SUPER BUSY WITH SCHOOL AND PICKING WHAT HIGHSCHOOL I'D LIKE TO BE IN AND STUFF LIKE THAT. I ALSO STARTED LIFE IS STRANGE TODAY AND IT KINDA INSPIRED ME TO WRITE THE NEXT CHAPTER, DON'T EXPECT ANOTHER ONE FOR A WHILE. I ALSO SAW SOMEONE FINISH THE FIRST AND START THE SECOND ALL IN ONE DAY. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE, THIS IS FOR YOU. AND AS ALWAYS
REN201 OUT