Chapter One

I've been with these people for about a month now. And by way of a strange scenario, found my daughter. We took her in, and she's training to become someone that I 'can be proud of.' Heh, silly girl. I'm already proud of her. The fact that, at such a young age, she was able to survive on her own for two weeks... Is incredible. We found her and her camp was wealthier than our's. Limitless food, water, and supplies. It was incredible. Apparently she had taken all of the money she had gotten from my passing and budgeted extremely well. Unfortunately... A demon had altered her appearance. More specifically, her eye color. She doesn't really like talking about it, but from what I understand a fox demon possessed her, which is how she discovered her puppet magicks. The ability to manipulate anything and everything.

 The ability to manipulate anything and everything

But now we keep a lot of that in our backpacks. We're twenty-four seven following Katelyn by use of magicks and witchcraft. I get that many will see that as unnecessary and even selfish, but I want nothing more than to protect her. If I were to reunite with her then... Horrible things would happen. I'm not going to inconvenience her in any way. I love her too much for that, even if she doesn't love me. ....Ugh, I sounds so sappy and weird. Putting that foolishness aside, I simply want to ensure her safety. I understand that she is a big girl, but my concern is not undaunted. With an impending war looming over Phoenix Drop, an assassination of many guards would not be a shock. Katelyn is someone I will make sure lives a long, fulfilled life. Even if it is with another man. I nodded to myself, looking at my friends, "I am so sorry for being such an inconvenience to you all. I understand that my wanting to watch over Katelyn has kept us on the run, and for that, I apologize, and I also thank you for allowing me to look over her."

They all smiled at me, and Aurora spoke up, "Jeff, please. We all know what it's like to love someone and want nothing more to protect them. We have all experienced horrible, horrible things in our past, and we want nothing more than to-- Jeff, we need to follow them now!" I saw as a group consisting of Aphmau, Katelyn, two guards, and two really scholarly type people took off following Zane after the invasion of Phoenix Drop was over. We took off after them, leaving Abby behind and hiding behind the surrounding trees, even though we were cloaked by a long-lasting invisibility potion made by Aurora. Then... We got teleported to this strange place, everything white. We hid behind pillars, being sure to conceal ourselves.

We heard conversations. Worried, and rather loud voices, but we couldn't make out words. Then we heard and saw the blonde chick flipping out, which is how we discovered it was the Irene Dimension we had been zapped into. But one sentence stuck out to me, 'EACH MINUTE WE SPEND HERE IS A YEAR IN THE RULE WORLD!' My reality shattered. Abby's name raced through my brain. My poor, precious daughter... Abby, I'm sorry. But this is the trial that the fates are putting us through. May we meet again, my child. They followed the priest inside and Aphmau absorbed this really old relic. After that, the blonde guard came to his senses and began fighting the High Priest, defending his Lord. I didn't have time to think about it. And suddenly, out of nowhere, a portal appeared. My team began making their way to it, but I couldn't leave the blonde. Alastair seemed to pick up on my plan and he elbowed the priest in the temple and took off towards the portal, me grabbing the blonde guy and throwing him through the portal after all the others had hopped through. Alistair and I followed soon after.

Aurora had put him in a magic binding to keep him from running. I don't want him going to cause trouble. Imagine how suspicious it would be for him to suddenly appear when he promised to stay behind and take care of Zane. We were lucky the portal had stayed for a couple seconds. Aurora was the first to speak, "Listen. We're not here to hurt you. But, we're going to need to keep you here until we can find a sufficient excuse for you suddenly popping up out of nowhere. Though I'm sure you will want to follow your Lord, am I correct?" The guy nodded, "And now I ask for your name?"

The guy lowered his head, obviously seeing that what we had said was true, "Garroth. That's my name. I'm the first-born son of Garte, the Lord of O'khasis. And I get that you think that Zane will never be coming back, but he has an amul--"

Alistair cut him off, "I've got it right here." He held it up. I had no idea how he had managed to snag it, but I applaud him.

Garroth's eyes widened in surprise, "When did you have time to grab that?"

Alistair rolled his eyes, "Zane dropped it when I hit him, so I just grabbed it, thinking it might be useful later." Garrote nodded.

Mari spoke up, "Alright guys, we're going to have to split up for a while. Garrote, welcome to the crew. I'm Mari, this is Alistair..." And just like that, the same thing happened to him like it did to me. Everyone being introduced, and something being shared about that person.except Abby and Midnight. We had left them behind. Midnight and Abby were going to be a LOT older now. Eighteen and nineteen, if my memory serves correctly. My poor young daughter... You and Midnight have stuck together, right? You better have. I'm sorry, baby, for not being there. I'm pretty sure I know where to look for you, but I promise you, I will find you. And Midnight, too.