Something on your Nose

"Welcome to Davanni's Couples Cooking Class."

There was a reason I was at a cooking class with Luke. A couples class specifically. It all started at a family meeting last week.

~~~

"Okay and last but not least. Mr. Taylor, you have an assignment." Mr. Blackbourne turned towards Luke to address him. They always did Academy stuff last at family meetings so I knew all the important stuff and could leave.

I started walking out of the living room to the kitchen to make some lunch for everyone for after they were done since I had nothing else to do. I wasn't trying to eavesdrop but for some reason what Mr. Blackbourne was saying had my ears attention.

"We need intel on a man named David Sukkai, who is using the aliases Davanni. He teaches a cooking class, and yo... Miss Sorenson?" He called out to me.

I turned around blushing. "I'm sorry; I'm going to the kitchen now." I turned quickly, embarrassed to have been caught listening in.

"No Miss Sorenson, please join us. Mr. Taylor will need your help on this assignment." He said calmly.

There was an immediate uproar and loss of order at the normal very put together meetings.

"No, absolutely not!"

"She can't go on an Academy mission if she's not in the Academy!"

"She could get hurt."

"Why does Luke always get to take her on trips?"

"That's dangerous."

"Please tell me you're kidding."

Mr. Blackbourne turned away from me back to the horde of angered and confused boys.

"No Mr. Griffin. I am not kidding. Mr. Taylor will take Miss Sorenson on the job as there needs to be a female that he is completely comfortable around, and Miss Sorenson fits the slot. She's not going on an Academy mission; she is going to a cooking class with your brother who is going on an Academy mission. She won't get hurt because Mr. Lee and Mr. Morgan will be here watching through the cameras and mics placed both in the vicinity and on Miss Sorenson's and Mr. Taylor's personal and they are only gathering intel. The subject isn't dangerous, he is just on the run from people who he owes and is using bad credit cards and checks. They will be fine. You do trust your brother with Miss Sorenson, correct?" He finished, making eye contact with each of the boys in turn; landing lastly on Luke.

"Are you alright with this Mr. Taylor?" He asked him.

Luke stood up, leveling his eyes with Mr. Blackbourne's, not backing down from the challenge.

"Yes."

"Good, then you and Miss Sorenson will be giving details tonight from Dr. Green. You'll head out tomorrow." He turned from Luke, walking over to me.

I fixed my eyes on the ground, not wanting to look at any of them staring at me. I felt a finger be placed under my chin, slowly raising my head. I met steel grey eyes.

"Can you do this Miss Sorenson?" He asked me quiet enough for the boys not to hear him, at least not clearly.

I looked at him, pushing my lip with my finger. Could I do this? I glanced around the room. All the boys were looking at me. They all believed in me, so why didn't I?

I turned back to Mr. Blackbourne, taking my finger away from my lip and squaring my shoulders, standing up straight.

"Yes, I can."

~~~

I was lying with Luke on the floor of Nathan's room, Sean just got done debriefing us, and now Gabriel was picking us out clothes for the next day.