Chapter 3

The weather was getting worse, it was windy and rainy and it was hard to keep the boat under control. Emma was still the one doing that though, she was better at it than me and she was also stronger. The boat was moving around a lot and I was getting seasick.

Suddenly, I heard Emma swearing from the front of the boat.

"What is it?" I asked.

"We're gonna crash. I have lost all control and the weather keeps getting worse. I already know the boat won't make it, so the best thing to do would be getting the most important things and get off the boat", Emma said, surprisingly calmly.

I ran in to the little bedroom. What was important?

LIST OVER WHAT IS IMPORTANT (don't worry I didn't write this while the boat was crashing I have a brain)

1. Food. Eating is always good. You kind of die without it.

2. Knives. If we end up on a deserted island or something, it's good to be able to both defend ourselves and kill animals for more food.

3. Clothes. Even if they get ruined, fabric is good for many other things.

4. Money, just in case.

5. A flashlight (I don't know maybe we'll need one)

6. Rope, we will need rope to tie things together or if we need to build something.

7. My journal (I just happened to be holding it when I left the boat)

I tied the stuff together with my rope (told you I'd need it) and threw it as far as I could. Emma looked at me, stopped trying to save the boat and jumped in to the sea. I followed. Emma grabbed the rope that tied our things together and started swimming away. We could hear the boat crashing into a big rock behind us, but we didn't turn around. I just followed her, I didn't have time to think about where we were going.