Part Two: Making Friends

"Um, yes I only want a small trim. Nothing major please!" Kirie's palms were sweating as she sat in the salon chair, before school tomorrow she wanted to make sure she looked her best. She decided to get a small trim at the salon, she figured that would be enough. The woman cutting her hair had the most beautiful (well, not as beautiful as Umaru), shiny blonde hair which she flipped staring at Kirie judgmentally. "Okay honey, I'll just cut the dead ends off and you'll be good to go." The woman's name tag read 'Aiya', she smiled at Kirie and her pink lip gloss shimmered. Kirie wished she could look like this woman, even her name represents her beauty. Aiya meaning beautiful silk.

If Kirie's name was spelt k-i-r-e-i it would mean cute and beautiful. Kirie sighed to herself thinking about the flawed spelling of her name. 'I guess it suits me, everyone's afraid of me anyways.' Kirie looked at her feet as Aiya ran her hands through Kirie's hair, taking small pieces and cutting off the tips. 'I hope Umaru will like this, I should look more put together when this is over.' Kirie couldn't help getting happy thinking about their interaction, however that joy was quickly crushed remembering how awkward she was in the situation. Her face flushed and her forehead started sweating just thinking about it.

About 15 minutes later Kirie looked in the mirror, her hair for once wasn't sticking all over the place. Instead, it was skillfully flat ironed down with all the messy, uneven ends gone. A Huge smile crossed over her face, not a normal smile but the kind Kirie makes when she's nervous. The kind of smile that can clear a room, the kind of smile that makes her look like a demon. "Do..do you not like it!?" Aiya's face turned white and her pupils dilated. Kirie stood up and looked her in the eyes, Aiya stepped back. "I...I LOVE IT!" σ(≧ε≦o) Aiya jumped back when Kirie yelled, obioulsy afraid of being stabbed with the many available scissors. They held eyes for several seconds before Kirie handed her the amount of money she saw on the register. Only $13.43 considering she didn't have that much done to her hair.

"T-thanks." As Kirie walked away she heard Aiya let out a big breath. Obviously she had been holding her breath when Kirie scared her. Kirie walked home and looked at herself in the mirror, doing various poses in her room. Little did she know Takeshi was creeping around the corner. 'Why does Kirie look so nice right now? She probably did her hair to show her love for me.' Takeshi decided that was for sure the case and headed into her room. "Kirie! I'm so happy to see you showing your affection for me! I love yo-" Kirie cut him off, smacking him on the back of his head with a book. "GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT!" (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

When Takeshi finally left her alone she let out a sigh. He really did never leave her alone, and always showed up at the wrong times. 'Takeshi is an idiot, a meat-head.' Kirie laughed nervously to herself, she was actually rather ashamed of him. It was already 9:45pm, so Kirie decided to bathe and go to bed. She couldn't wait for tomorrow, so much had happened today. Umaru was starting to like her, or already liked her. Kirie couldn't tell whether or not Umaru found her creepy. All Kirie knew for sure was she hated Ebina, she seemed to spend all her time with Umaru, and Kirie was not okay with that. 'I'll figure out more tomorrow.' Kirie promised herself as she fell asleep.

That night in Ebina's home (๑♡⌓♡๑)

'This hot chocolate is delicious.' Ebina contently sipped her hot chocolate in her pink polka dot pajamas and fuzzy slippers. She had a really fun day, hanging out with Umaru. Ebina was clueless about Kirie hating her, well not completely clueless but she didn't know why. Ebina was just happy she was able to become friends with Umaru, and she wouldn't mind getting to know Kirie either. 'I wonder why she gave me that dirty look today...' Ebina laughed to herself and decided she shouldn't stress over it. Instead, she couldn't stop herself from thinking about Umaru's older brother, Taihei. He was so nice to her, she really didn't understand why.  

Ebina blushed just thinking about that, and decided she should go to bed. She also decided to try and talk to Kirie at school the next day, just because everything was so awkward between them. She figured she could make friends with Kirie, even though she seems rough on the outside. Ebina thought she must be different on the inside, that maybe she's only socially awkward. So, she went to bed hoping she'd make a new friend the next day.