CHAPTER 2

I woke up to someone shaking me.

It was Shelbie. She looked panicked.

"Wake up and wake up baker bo-"Thomas was awake but I hadn't noticed.

"Don't call him that!"I growl.

"Shhhh!! mom is comeing,"she looked around frantically." go hide!"My mother didn't like that Thomas was my friend. So we ran out of up the stairs of the library and went through the doors down the hall and finally stopped at the astronomy room.

"That was close," he said out of breath.

"I know."I breathed. We cracked the door open to see if the coast was clear but instead we saw two huge guards pass by and stop at the door across the hall they knocked three times paused and knocked one more.The door swung open to reveal a man I had never seen before me and Braxton looked at each other. Then back at the door .

Then the door slammed shut.

"That was Streinbolie."Thomas said.

"Who?"I asked.

"He is a retired chief my father worked with." He awnsered.

"I say we figure out what he is up to."We say in sink.

"Great observation." Said a deep old voice behind them. They both slowly turned around.

"Grandfather you scared me!" I exclaimed. My grandfather was a gray haired old man with red shining through stightly and golden eyes.

"Sir."said Thomas now straightened and bowing slightly.

"Ahhhhh,"grandfather sighed."Theodore what is this about Streinbolie?"

Thomas looked over at me.

"Grandfather we've been over this his name is Thomas."I say. Trying to change the subject.

"Oh yes of course the one you fancy?"
Grandfather says.

"Grandpa!"I exclaime I can feel my cheeks reddening. And Thomas grinning at me.

"Anyway what is it I hear about finding something out?"he asked.

"Nothing grandpa." I say pushing Thomas out of the door.

"You kids Stay out of trouble!"he yells after us.

"You fancy me do you?" Thomas says wiggling his eyebrows.

"Shut up." I roll my eyes.

And as we turn the corner we run into the worst person we possibly could.....