Kris: 13

"Kris, can you please go to Macau next week? I received an email from one of the managers. We need to ask what they want so that we can compensate." Seohyun said, and I nodded. "Can I just go there after two weeks?"

"What could be more important that the clients?" She said without looking at me.

"Seo, my girlfriend is in the hospital." I said, hoping she'd take it as an answer.

"So? Shouldn't she rest?"

"Seo. I'm serious." I said and dropped my voice. "I need to look after her."

"Whatever. Just please meet the clients, then." She said and read through whatever's in the monitor.

I left her office and bought coffee for Jessica. I know she's not supposed to take caffeine, but I can't help but spoil her. After what happened a few days ago, I don't wanna face Jessica. We hurt her best friend. But I only defended my cousin. She was hurt just because Yuri tried to protect her cousins. We only tried to protect our family. Seohyun and I are the only ones she have.

I opened the door, and just saw someone kiss Jessica's forehead. Who the fuck is this guy? I stopped myself, and walked away. It can't be. Jessica won't cheat. She's too in love with me! I stepped away and sat on one of the chairs in the hallway. I don't know who this motherfucker is, but I sure am not happy with what I saw!

"I'm going home." I heard someone say, and when I looked up, it's the bastard that kissed my girl.

I walked up to him and grabbed his shoulder. "What were you doing in my girlfriend's room!?" I asked.

"You're Kris, right?" He said cockily, and I just clenched my fist. "I know what you did. But I didn't tell your girlfriend."

"Why?" I said, and I know how this kind of guy works.

"Simply because I respect her." He said and smiled. "Not everything revolves around business, man." He said and left.

I just stood there, not wanting to go to her room. Was the kiss really necessary? I don't like it when someone touches what's mine. Jessica is mine, and I know that she knows that, too. I was about to go back to my car when I felt my phone vibrate. I held the coffee in one hand and answered the phone call without looking at my phone.

"Kris," I heard her sniff. "I need to be with Yuri..."

I couldn't speak. I hurt the woman I love the most. I can't let her know I took part in that scandal. She can't choose her best friend over me! I took a deep breath, trying to calm myself. I could only hear her sobbing. I made up my mind.

"I'm in the hospital. I'm on my way to your room." I said and ended the call.

I stepped inside the room, and I saw her remove the dextrose in her hand. I tried to stop her, but she just removed it easily. I pulled her arm, and I could feel her fragile body in my hand. She cried in front of me, and the only thing I could do right now is to hug her. She hugged me tightly, but not as tight as usual. I patted her back.

"You need to rest first." I said, and she walked towards her bag. "Jes, don't make this any difficult. You're limping!"

"I have to, Kris!" She yelled, and she changed into her normal clothes. "I'm going to see Yuri."

"I'll find a way to make Yuri come here." I said, and she looked back. "Just please... promise me you'll be here." I said, and kissed her forehead.