Chapter 4: The Feelings

Megans POV:

When Harry told me that this was the usual back here, I almost peed myself. I was truly never more frightened in my life. I didn't want to fight gangs and get shot all the time! I had never been in a situation even remotely similar to this. Harry startled me and snapped me out of my thoughts by wrapping his arms around me in a tight hug and burring his face in my neck.

"Thank you for caring and helping... I don't deserve it." I nodded realizing I was in the arms of a strong robber with a gun. I didn't have to be there though. That was the strange part. Harry would have let me go if I wanted him to but to be quite honest.. I didn't want him to. It was a strong tight hug but at the same time It was gentle and sweet. It didn't matter though. He still robbed me and he still kidnapped me. When I was released I'd be interrogated and maybe arrested for assist in theft. Could I even go back? Would they keep me here forever? Harry still hugged me and adjusted his face a bit so he could whisper in my ear, "I never meant to hurt you Megan. I'm so sorry. Please trust that I had no other choice. This was our only option. Only chance of survival." I was trying hard to comprehend all of what was happening. Harry started kissing along my jawline and down my neck. I was scared and confused and my brain still had not cought up to what was happening. I was just thinking. Right here in the arms of my kidnapper I was about to lose it like Lottie.

"P-Please tell me w-why you did it. Explain it to me before I go insane. I need to know why." My eyes teared up and I grabbed his hair and pulled his head away from me.

Harry's POV:

I thought it was about time to tell her. She deserved to know. I tried to keep her calm. I know that I dragged her here but I wanted her to be comfortable and understand that I had to do this. I adjusted myself to lay on the blankets and tried not to move my leg but winced in pain anyways. I pulled Megan to lay down with me and wrapped my arms around her waist, looking into her eyes as I spoke. "You're currently in my home. I live here in this dark dirty little alley with Louis and Gemma." When I said that I saw the sorrow in her eyes as if she felt bad for me. "Me and Gemma's parents died. We had no one to take us in and nothing left whatsoever. I got a job but it paid very little. Me and Gemma where eventually evicted from the place we lived with our parents.

We had no way to go except to the other side of The Fence. That's when Lou found us and took us under his wing. He had a few things set up in this alley which made it more comfortable than sleeping in bushes. We've been running low on food and money to buy it with. I lost the job I had when we were evicted. Louis, Gemma and I are looking for one but it's hard when you live in an alley on the other side of the fence." As I spoke Megan's face was so sympathetic.

"Harry I'm so sorry. I had no idea. Robbery wasn't the only option though. I'm going to help you get a job and you can all stay at my house for a while." I couldn't believe it. How can someone be so unbelievably nice to you after you've robbed and kidnapped them. Just then, I started crying. This is actually the first time I had cried since all the terrible things have started happening. I had cried because I needed to stay strong to take care of Gemma. As I cried I kissed Megan's cheek.

"I'm so sorry Megan. I never should have done this to you. I'm a horrible person. I'm a criminal. Why are you doing this? Why aren't you screaming and running and turning us in?" By this point I didn't care if Louis or Gemma or Lottie heard me crying.

"Shh... Do you want people to find us?" She whisper-yelled as she wiped the tears off my cheeks. Then she spoke with a soft tone. "I understand that you're going through tough time right now. When you're stuck in times like that you tend to make rational decisions. I promise you're going to be okay. I'll help you make this okay." She hugged me tightly. I felt so comforted that I stopped crying instantly. I whispered into her ear.

"Thank you. You're an angel." I kissed her cheek for the second time. Then I attempted to pull her closer to me. Megan's knee hit the gun on my hip and she gasped, moving away from me. "N-No.. Please don't be scared. I'd never hurt you." I started to tear up again as I removed the gun belt and laid it down next to me. She moved back towards to me.

"How um... How is your leg?" I chuckled a bit.

"It hurts like a bitch." I wrapped my arms around her again, pulling her close.

"Tomorrow I will take you all to my house, get you cleaned up and fed and we will start looking for jobs." As much as this would be incredible for me it would never work.

"I could never thank you enough Megan. But we can't. If anyone sees you or your friend they would arrest us and you two would be taken for questioning. There's no going back to the life you had before. This life is a nightmare and I'm a horrible person for dragging you into it." She looked scared again. "I'm so sorry." I lost the strength to look her in the eyes after that and my voice started getting soft and quiet. "I wouldn't blame you if you hated me." I let go of her small body. No one would want to be held by someone like me. She turned away from me and I listened as she quietly cried herself to sleep. I sighed looking over to the tent where Louis was reading and Lottie was sleeping. He must have drugged her. Gemma was sleeping as well. I got up holding my leg in pain. I dragged my leg behind me as I walked. Louis' voice halted me even though I was positive he was consumed in his novel.

"Where are you going Harry?" I stopped and turned to face him still clutching my leg.

"How did you notice me?" He put his book down.

"Living like this has enhanced my senses. Where are you going?" I let out a long deep breath. Apparently I wasn't allowed to leave without Lou's permission.

"I'm going to turn myself in." He got up and out of the tent rushing over to me.

"Hell no you're not!" He yelled. I sushed him since the girls were sleeping and so we wouldn't get caught.

"Calm down. I would never give up you or Gemma. I'll take all the blame for myself. I will tell them I was the robber and that I kidnapped the girls. I can't stand that I brought Megan into such a horrible place. I want them to be able to go back to their normal lives and be happy." Louis ignored my shushing from before and my whispered tone. He looked like he wanted to kill me.

"What the fuck is up with you Harry?!" He yelled. I yelled back this time, A lot louder than him.

"I don't know! Maybe I'm falling for Megan!" Louis covered my mouth. He spoke quieter now but much more sternly.

"Dammit Harry you can't do this. Did it ever come to your mind that the people at the office and the cops saw three robbers?" I sighed and rubbed my eyes.

"What am I supposed to do then? I can't live with myself knowing I ruined her life." Louis slapped me. I had done a lot of things to piss him off before but he had never hit me.

"You are not supposed to have fucking feelings for her. She's our hostage!" I shoved him up against the wall.

"Jesus Louis! You're a fucking heartless son of a bitch! You don't have feelings for anyone or anything! Have you seen what you've done to Lottie? Try to love for once. Get some fucking emotions." I went back over to my pallet on the floor and laid next to Megan. Lou didn't say anything after that. He just turned and left. Maybe I actually hurt him. That would be a good thing. That would make him more acceptable to any type of feelings. Megan rolled over and cuddled up to me. She whispered,

"That was very harsh Harry..." I wrapped my arms around her and kissed her forehead.

"I know... He needed it though." I didn't know when she woke up. She never mentioned me falling for her. She laid her head on my chest after that and just went to sleep in my arms. She looked beautiful while she slept. She was our hostage though... Why was I having these feelings? I didn't even realize that I did until I started it to Louis. I hopped he'd be okay.