Chapter 6: The Water

Lottie screamed at the top of her lungs.

"No!" She tried to jump after him. I grabbed her waist and carried her away. Lottie screamed and cried and kicked and thrashed. I was crying to but Lottie was already emotionally unstable and now she had this. I carried her and ran down to the lake under the bridge. Lottie kicked me in the place she knew it would affect me the most and she ran and jumped in. I was crying and screaming at nothing and I had no idea what to do. Lottie emerged from the water totally breathless, mostly because of her emotional breakdown. I jumped in as well, grabbing Lottie and pulling her out of the water. I immediately dove back in, searching for Louis. I found him quickly at the very bottom and pulled him to shore where Lottie sat sobbing and waiting for me. I laid my unconscious best friend flat on his back in the grass. I didn't know at all how to perform CPR but I pushed on his test like they did in the TV shows.

"I- I know how." Lottie stuttered. She took my place and cried even harder than before.

"Can you do mouth to mouth!?" I almost screamed desperately trying to revive Lou.

"I c-can try." She was still sobbing but she held Louis' nose as she exhaled deeply into his mouth. Just then, he started breathing again and she pulled away quickly. Lottie wrapped her arms around him and sobbed into his chest. water poured from his lips as he opened his eyes and gasped for air. After a few seconds he was breathing normally again and he sat up, hugging Lottie back. Her crying slowed and she kissed him on the cheek. She got off of him and I grabbed him, crying a little but less than Lottie.

"I can't believe you Louis. I almost lost you..." I whispered as I helped him up. Lottie grabbed his hand and I hugged him tight sort of pushing her away.

"What were you thinking?! I don't even know what I'd do without you." I cried harder. "I'm so sorry Louis I didn't mean anything that I said I'm so so sorry." He didn't say anything but he hugged me back and I knew he understood. We all took a minute to calm down then began our walk back to the alley. I worried about the girls a bit. It was bad for them to be over them by themselves. Gemma knew what she was doing though so that made me feel a bit better.

When we got back it was 3:26 a.m. And the three of us decided we needed sleep. I stayed awake though. There was no way I could fall asleep. I worried about Louis too much. I wasn't gonna let him go. Not now. Not after how much he's done for me. I shouldn't have said any of the things that I did. I really hurt him. What if he never forgave me? Just as I was letting my thoughts and the "what ifs" eat me alive, Megan turned over and clung to my chest. It made me smile. She was so beautiful when she slept... She was beautiful all the time. Why I had these feelings for her I just couldn't understand. I never believed in love at first sight and I didn't think I loved her... Just liked her a bit. I placed a soft kiss on her forehead and wrapped my arms around her waist. I tried to stop thinking about Louis and let myself sleep. He was sleeping too so he should be fine. That's the last thing I remember thinking before drifting off.