Chapter 1: The Break-in

Megan's POV:

"What the hell is going on?!" I yelled over the alarms. My colleague Lottie yelled back, "How should I know?! This has never happened before!" I put my coffee down and walked out of the break room. It must be a test or a mistake. Nothing ever happens here on Mondays.  

I was wrong. I spotted two guys all in black wearing masks and one of them seemed to be coming in my direction. I panicked and ran back into the break room. Lottie was gone. I didn't know if something happened to her or if she was hiding. I was terrified. I stated hearing gun shots. Ice cream, as did many others and I sat in the corner petrified. I saw three of the guys run by the breakroom. one had seen me. He grabbed mean and put his hand over my mouth but I still tried screaming. I kicked and screamed but he was very strong. He dragged me into a nearby closet and released me from his grip.  

"Help! Someone help me!" the man covered my mouth again. 

"Shut up! You don't want me to get caught, do you?" he pulled aside his leather jacket, showing me his gun. I started crying and breathe out, 

"Please d-don't hurt me.." I was shaking terribly and more frightened than ever. He sighed heavily and took off his ski mask and I stopped crying but I was still breathing fast and trembling.  

"Calm down. We're not here to hurt anyone." When he said that it filled me with so much anger. 

"You shot people and took my friend!" I sort of yelled so he covered my mouth again.  

"We didn't shoot anyone. We only fired a few shots at the walk to scare people. Your friend is getting the same talk you are." He freed my mouth and ruffled his curls. 

"We need your help." Who the fuck did this guy think he he was? I shoved him. 

"I'm not going to fucking help you! You just rob the place I work at and kidnap me and my friend!" He snapped at me and grabbed my jaw speaking sternly. 

"watch it little girl. you know I have a gun. Keep your hands off me and do as I say." I bit my lip hard, almost drawing blood. Fear had struck through my body and was clearly visible in my eyes. I was in danger. He saw that he had frightened me. He took a deep breath and released my face.  

"What's your name?" I told him, not wanting anything to happen to me. 

"M-Megan.." I managed to stutter out. For some reason, his entire attitude and persona changed. He smiled warmly at me. He had nice teeth and dimples too. He spoke softer now. Most likely because he wanted me to comply to his commands.  

"That's a lovely name. I'll explain why we need the money and everything later. For right now I need your help to get me out of here." I couldn't believe this is happening to me. I didn't know what to do. If I didn't help them they could kill me. This was by far the most scared I have ever been in my life. 

"There's a b-back exit.. I-I know how to get there a-and I... I have the key." he grabbed my arm tight almost bruising it. 

"I guess you're coming with me then." I was dead frozen as he will flee pulled me out of the closet and push me to be the way.