Chapter 1

Do you ever feel like nobody would ever want to pay attention to you? Talk to you? Hangout with you?

Well I'm that person in a nut shell. The girl who hangs out in a library with a chatty friend and her boyfriend. The girl who reads books on the stairs before school starts.
The girl who sits at a table in the far corner of the cafeteria.

Now, let's be honest here...nobody wants to be that person. People just fall into cliques in Highschool. The populars, the geeks, the goths, and the nobodys. I know I'm being cliche here, but it's the truth.

You are who you end up as, not what you want to end up as...socially, I mean.

                                                                 ***

" And then he told me I looked hot...you hear me. Elissa? Elissa...ELISSA?"Kathy screamed, interrupting my day dreaming.

" What?" I asked irritated.

" Did you even here what I said about me and Eric's date?" Kathy questionably asked.

" Nope, sorry. Was thinkin' about more important stuff." I said casually.

Kathy and I had been hanging out in the library for free period. She has been waiting for something interesting to happen, and I've been reading my interesting book.

Me and Kathy are total opposites. She talks nonstop about Eric, her boyfriend, and I talk about...nothing, actualy. She pretty much talks for me.

We met in 4th grade, and she just kept talking to me so I went along with it. Not the best story, but she's still one of the closest things to a friend I have....well...next to Carter, but we'll talk about that later.

Are library was like any other library. Computer corner, book corner, lounge corner, you know...all the corners!

" Ok, I guess I'll have to tell the story again. So we went out to dinner an..." Kathy said before Eric sat beside her and they started making out.

I got out of my chair and grabbed my stuff.

" Bye." I said, even thought they were both busy making out.

This happens pretty much every single day. Me and Kathy are talking, and then Eric comes and pushes himself into her. He doesn't even say hi to me. I mean, I don't care, but it would be nice if I could get a parcel of attention.

I plug me earphones into my phone and play Melanie Martinez, my new favorite artist. I start humming along and walk into the school hallway.

But," Watch where you're going!" A girl screeched.

I turned around to see that I bumped into Kara Hills, the most popular girl in school. She was wearing a grey shift dress, black heels, a black statement necklace, and a grey COACH bag.

Kara is Princess Somebody. She's friends with all the cheerleaders and football players, and is walking around with her posse right now. Did I mention she's the cruelest person on the planet and has Carter rapped around her little finger.

" Sorry." I said quietly, immediately entering the state of 'nerd'.

" You should be." Carson, a cheerleader, says quickly.

" I should get going. Next period is gonna' start any minute now." I said, trying to get away but two football players blocked my path.

" Don't think so." One of them said.

Carter walked in front of the football players. He was wearing a gray button-down, and blue jeans tucked into black converse. His dirty blond hair was jelled slightly, and he winked at me before turning toward Kara.

" Babe, let's give her a break. You already broke her wimpy little self into a million pieces." Carter said, putting his hands on Kara's hips.

I bite on my lip, trying not to cringe at how Carter lied about me. Even thought I know he's lying, it still hurts.

" Fine. Bye Loser. Move along." Kara said, waving her hand in a general direction, and putting her attention on Carter, who was leaning in for a kiss.

And that's my life.