º1º

Chapter 1
Imprisonment.

March 17,X877

3rd king of Mayhem's birthday

Somewhere in the Tartarus sea.

The man sat adjacent to the corner of his cell wall. Dressed in nothing but loose pants and his boots, exposing his black forearm tattoo in the shape of an arrow . He had his hands chained to the ground and his former cell mate's remains inches away from his feet. The walls which surrounded him were all too familiar. He had been in this solitude for four hundred years to date. Hate and revenge had been brewing in his heart for all these years and absolutely nothing will stop him.

Gray Fullbuster. The first son of the third king of Mayhem and heir to the demon throne had been arrested for crimes he wholeheartedly committed. Whether it was taking nations that didn't belong to him or committing mass genocide, you name it Gray has proudly done it . Gray feels no remorse for anything he has done but then again he's a demon, he was built like this and he wouldn't change that for anything.

He had become all too familiar with the silence that surrounded him. You could just imagine much to his surprise, the sound of agonizing groans from the outer walls of his underwater prison. Demons had heightened senses, Gray could even hear the rapid heart beats of his captors all rounded up within the prison square. His sharp nose twitched as a familiar smell traveled up his nostrils. Pain, blood thirst and cruelty, another demon he supposed.

He could hear the screams of the dying mermen guards and even smell the blood of their assisting great whites.

'Someone's throwing a party' he jokes.

Gray felt stray feelings of the long lost hope and desperation fill his body as he thought about being free, but all that hope dissipated as he remembered where he was. The building stood high at 500 feet from the deepest depth of the ocean, surrounded by sea creatures from the myths of old, guarded by both mermen, traps and not to mention that over grown squid. This place was built solely for one purpose. To keep him in.

The smell of rotten flesh made his assumption of defeat worst as three more demons are killed.

It seemed like quite the uneven match though, as twice as many  mermen guards dissolve into sea salt. Who ever these people are, they were trying really hard to get him out.

The screech of said overgrown squid- The Kraken - was heard. Gray grabs on to the wall as it crashes into the prison gates, it sounded as if his rescuers were fighting it, then, silence.

Gray thought hope was lost again and started to fall to his knees. Then he heard something, or rather someone. Their steps beat heavily against the stairway getting closer and closer, so close Gray could hear the heartbeat of his assailant/savior just outside his cell doors.

Gray stood up abruptly as the doors of his cell were kicked open sending them flying across the room.

Gray looked at the slim lean body of the man in front of him. The man's spiky hair had no definite direction, his onyx eyes wildly looked around the room searching for something, or someone.

He looked in to the corner of the room where Gray stood and they both stared at each other waiting to see if the other would move first. The man turned completely allowing the light of the flamed candles outside to illuminate his body.