Chapter 10

*Dakota's POV*

Its shocking to think that something you had one minute, can be gone the next. Mum and I were closer than ever-- we were all each other had in the world, and now I have no one. No one to call my family, that is. Marcel is the only good thing I have left, but I know I can't stay here. The police are doing their best to keep us calm, and are doing everything they can to identify her murderer, in hope to arrest them.
*****
"T-Thank you officer... um...uh... I don't think m-my mum would have a problem wi-with Dakota staying w-with us for a bit. I-I'll take care of her" Marcel says sweetly, and looks down at me with a half smile. He wipes his thumb under my eyes, in attempt to brush away my salty tears.

"Alright. Now you kids better get out of here, and we will contact you when we have gathered more information."

Marcel quickly thanks the officer again, and escorts me to his car, where he opens the passenger side door. I quickly climb in, and so does he. He starts the car, and starts driving, to which I assume is his house. Its only 9:30 in the morning, and my day is ruined. There is no way I'm going to school today. Instantly, I become aware of Marcel's hand in mine, and hear beautiful lyrics coming from his lips. I wait for him to finish, before even attempting to speak.

"Wow, Marcel," I say quietly, as I try to wipe more tears away. "I didn't know you could sing."

"I d-did tell you I'm in a-a band..."

"Oh... right. Can you sing something else? It took my mind off of what happened a bit..." I sniffle.

"Anything for you." He whispers, barely audible, but I still catch it. It makes me smile slightly, despite the situation. He starts his song, and I'm amazed by how angelic his voice sounds.

One thing is clear to me; things will never be as they were before. The trust that I have built with this boy is the only thing keeping me going. I am greatful to have met him. He my light in the darkest part of my life; an angel in my darkness.

《A/N: Wow so it only took me 3 years to update, but I finally found the password for this account, so please expect more updates soon! I decided that I would continue this story, as there were many comments requesting updates, and some of which were from 2016, so I'm assuming that people are still reading. Sorry again, that it took so long, but I definately will be continuing the story in the near future! Thank you all for reading♡ 》