Chapter 6

*Dakota's POV*

"My goldfish!" I yell, suddenly.

Marcel looks at me, more than a little confused. "Uh.... What?"

I laugh. "Sorry. I just remembered I needed to feed my goldfish."

He smiles at me, showing his dimples. I poke them, before getting up, and going over to the fish bowl, Marcel following behind me.

He shyly hugs me from behind, as I drop the flakes into the bowl. I turn around, smiling at him, before grabbing his cheeks, and gently kissing his lips. I feel him kiss back.

Suddenly, there's a huge clap of thunder. I quickly burry my face into Marcel's chest, squeezing my eyes shut.

"D-Dakota, are you afraid o-of thunder, lovely?" He asks quietly. I only nod my head. Another roar of thunder is heard, and I jumped, and quietly started crying into his chest.

Marcel gently picks me up bridal-style, and takes me back over to the couch. He lifts up my chin a little, and gently wipes my continuing stream of tears with his thumb. The tears keep falling, as he makes soothing "Shhh." Sounds into my ear.

I jump again, as its even louder this time. "D-Dakota? I never got to- oh never mind."

I look up into his gorgeous green eyes. "No, Marcel, what is it?" I ask curiously, calming down a bit, as the rain-and thunder- are all starting to go away.

He bites his lip in that cute way he does, and grabs my hand. "I....um.... D-Dakota.... I-I really like you and I was um.... I-I was wondering if you'd wa-want to be my girl-girlfriend." I sit there for a moment, trying to process what he just said. Does Marcel really want to be with me? Does he really love me as much as I love him? I guess I must have taken too long to answer, because the next thing he said kind of hurt me.

"Never mind. Maybe we should pretend that none of this even happened. I can't believe I was so STUPID!" He looks like he's on the verge of tears. "I can't believe I let myself fall for a stunning girl like you, and expect you to feel the same about me! I mean, your one of the most popular girls at school, and I'm just the loser who sits alone at lunch, and gets picked on! You're way out of my legue!"

I was short of words. Did he really feel like this? Why is he so hard on himself? I don't have a clue what to say, so I did the only thing I could think of.

I leaned in, just enough so my red lips were barely brushing against his. I wrapped my arms around his neck, and kissed him. But it wasn't like the other kisses we've shared. This one seems to be more.... passionate. I pull away a minute later, and rest my head on his chest.

"Yes." I whisper.

"What?" Marcel asks, a bit confused.

"Yes." I say a bit louder. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend.

He grinned, and kissed me passionately. He's never made the move to kiss me before, although he HAS kissed back. So I was kind of surprised when he did. One thing I knew for sure was that I am completely in love with Marcel Styles.