Liam Dunbar

Colors- Halsey Song Imagine

You're ripped at every edge, but you're a masterpiece...

Liam had always been your best friend. His step-dad was nice, so he let you hang out with him a lot more than you should've. Liam's IED flared around you- he even had hurt you once- and you never understood why he could control himself so well around others, but never you. Despite all of the times you had gone home with hurt feelings, you couldn't stop yourself from coming back, your heart for Liam being to much to handle. As soon as you'd come back, Liam would be there to welcome you into his open arms, apologizing for his behavior.

Everything is blue
His pills, his hands, his jeans
And now I'm covered in the colors
Pulled apart at the seams...

He had prescription pills for his IED. All of them were respectively blue, which was supposedly a calming color, but they could only go so far. When you or his step-father weren't around to calm him down, he refused to take his pills, as they made him weak and drowsy. He angrily screamed, threw objects around, and punched walls until his face and hands were red and blue and his lungs hurt. Every moment of being with him had you exhausted and you wanted to sink to your knees and cry out and punch walls and throw things with him, but for the sake of your heart and his, you didn't. You never did.

You were a vision in the morning when the light came through
I know I've only felt religion when I've lied with you...

You've never felt like this before, with anybody. Your heart hurt and your stomach flew and your mind screamed for him. He was the core of every good day and bad and he continued to confuse the deep parts of your brain. After a particularly bad day, he had exploded in a fit of rage once again, and you had to be caught in the mix. He took his pills before falling asleep and you had lifted the covers to slide in next to him, still fully clothed in jeans and a t-shirt. Upon waking up, you thought about how you felt about the boy sleeping next to you. You thought about how he is simultaneously ruining your life and not. You thought about how you would do anything for a man who was anything but yours. You thought about what would happen if he hurt you worse than before, and if you would have the heart to stay away. And you worried for yourself because you knew you wouldn't.

You were red and you liked me because I was blue
You touched me and suddenly I was a lilac sky
And you decided purple just wasn't for you...

On a night, perfectly terrible, filled with rain and sorrow, you had been confronted by your fears. It was a surge of heated anger and he blew up on you. That same night you had the best night of your life. Liam asked you to come over once again and you two had watched more than a few different movies, all the while you were cuddled up against his chest, his hands flitting through you hair. There were even a few moments you thought he had felt the way you did. As your feelings transpired, so did his, and even though the feeling was mutual, he didn't like feeling helpless. He didn't like how weak you made him feel and at the end of the night, he forced you out. Out of his house and out of his life. You were absolutely sure of two things. You knew he wasn't truly worthy of all of this pain you were feeling. You knew you'd come back in a heartbeat if he asked.