Ch 1: We're Moving?

"We're moving?" I mumbled to my mom, Tiana, with a full spoon of cereal in my mouth.

My mom scowled at me, she hates it when I talk with my mouth full. She thinks it's unlady like, which is opposite of what I am.

     "Layla Marie! How many times have I told you to stop doing that. I thought I raised better." She said, throwing a napkin at my face so I can wipe it clean.

It's been me and my mom since forever, and my cat Oreo. Mom and I are very close and everyone says we look alike. My hair is a little bit darker and my eyes are more blue-green, where my mom just has blue eyes. But all I have is a picture of my biological father so it's hard to compare me to him. I'm glad I look like my mom but we're total opposites. I thought about moving but I liked where we lived, our whole family is around and it'd be hard to leave all of them. I kept thinking about everyone and everything I love about this place when mom finally snapped me out of my thoughts...

"Layla are you listening to me?" She asked with an annoyed look on her face. I nodded and she sighed, continuing "I think this move would be good. With everything's that's been going on and happened, it could be a good start and...." She trailed off, noticing the tears that started to fill my eyes. I got up from the table and walked to my room, turning to my mom I told her I'd start packing and she nodded, knowing I needed a break.

I walked into my room, closing the door behind me and falling onto the floor. I started crying. I knew she was right about moving but she was also trying to get me to open about what I've been through and feeling, but I wasn't ready for that. Images flashed through my mind and I tried ignoring them, but it was to hard. I had to do something because of how upset I was. Without thinking I did the only thing I could think of...