Chapter 3- Betrayed

"I'm innocent!" Jack yelled and laughed at the same time, as we were running away from Annabeth. Again. 

"Percy made me do it!" He yelled again, looking over his shoulder this time.

"No I didn't! As much as i would LOVE to take all of the credit for that wonderful prank, it was originally your idea!" i yelled back to him. He grinned, and veered towards the woods. I followed him, and heard Annabeth stop running. Once we were alone in the woods, we stopped running.

"She is NEVER going to leave us alone about that!" Jack complained, panting heavily. \

"She'll give up, eventually. I think..." I grinned mischievously. He took up a face of fear, and I stared at him confused.

"Behind y-you." He whispered, and i spun around, with Riptide out and in Sword-form. Behind me was a Hellhound, one much bigger than I had ever seen.

"Whoah!"  I yelled, and backed away slowly, slicing at it's face. I reached the point where Jack was, and he had his own sword, Wavestorm, out and ready. We both jumped at it at the same time, and I managed to kill it. But only after it sliced up Jack's shoulder. I remained untouched. 

"Jack!" I yelled, and picked him up. I carried him all the way to the infirmary, jogging. Once i got there, I was met by Will Solace. 

"Hey, Perc- Whoa! What happened?" He asked, seeing Jack.

"I'll tell you later, just get him in the infirmary!" I said, and he helped me place Jack down on a bed. Will went right to work, and told me i could go.

"I'll tell you if he wakes up." Will told me, and I nodded. The injury wasn't fatal, but it was really deep. I went off to my cabin, and slept. But, unluckily, I had a famous demi-god dream. Yay.

"Perseus Jackson. We finally meet." I heard a voice from behind me. But it would be no use to turn around, for I was in complete darkness. I could see nothing, and hear my own breath. As well as someone else's.

"Who are you?" I asked.

"Only time will tell. I cannot wait to meet you in person, Perseus. See you soon..." And then It was gone. I slept the rest of the night with no more dreams.

I woke up covered in sweat, though i had only a small dream at the beginning of my sleep. I got dressed, and then heard the horn signalling for breakfast. I walked out of my cabin, to find Annabeth standing there, looking angry.

"Hey, Wise Girl." I said innocently, and started walking towards the dining hall. 

"Perseus Jackson!" She yelled. I stopped. Annabeth never  used my full name. Ever. I turned around to face her.

"Annabeth Chase?" I asked, worried.

"How dare you hurt your twin brother like that! I thought you were kind! But no! Jack told everyone how you took him into the woods, and slit his shoulder! I am NOT going to date someone that does that to people! ESPECIALLY FAMILY! WE ARE DONE!" She yelled, and stomped away. i just stood there, shocked. 

"What?!" I yelled, and she turned around.

"You. hurt. Your. Twin." She spat out at me.

"I did not! It was a Hellhound! What- Why would Jack tell you it was ME?" I asked, but more myself than her. He had betrayed me. My own twin. But Annabeth was already walking away. I walked over to my table, and Jack wasn't there, still in the infirmary. As i walked over to the table, I felt everyone glare at me. But i didn't care.

I Had Been Betrayed.