Chapter 1- Shiranui Genma

Chapter 1

A young ninja woke up one sunny morning. He stretched his arms as the soft rays of sunlight hit his dark brown hair. He tiredly got out of his bed. A soft and kind voice called to him from downstairs.

"Hurry up Genma-kun, you're gonna be late for the academy graduation!" Genma's mother called out. He rolled his eyes.

"Yeah, I know mum!" Genma said as he put some clothing on; a white t-shirt and a brown jacket on top lastly he put on his black baggy pants.His dark brown eyes were half closed as he walked down the marble stairs to eat some breakfast.

He was greeted by his smiling mother, her soft face making him smile back. He sat down at the table and wolfed down his cereal. He smiled and walked out of his house, waving to his mom.

"Goodbye, Mom!" Once he got outside, the warm breeze caressed him, as his hair floated around his face. He smiled at the thought of finally becoming a genin. He jumped onto the wooden rooftop of his house. It was faster then walking to the academy, after all. He was jumping from rooftop to rooftop when he saw a figure with silvery-white hair appear in front of him. Another shortly joined with black hair and a green jumpsuit.

"Hey, Kakashi-Kun, Guy-Kun!" Genma's friends both waved happily.

"Genma-Kun! We're finally becoming genins!" replied Kakashi, a happy tone in his voice.

"Lets get there as fast as we can!" Guy interrupted.

"Go forth with the power of Youth!" Guy shouted cheerfully, shooting Genma and Kakashi a thumbs up. All three of the soon to be genins quickened their paces in order to get to the academy.

------ Once they arrived at the academy, they took their seats right next to each other, waiting for the 4th hokage to come and announce all of the students as Genins. Genma looked behind him and saw both Asuma and Kurenai. He managed to catch a glimpse of Obito and Rin chatting together at their own desks.

A few minutes later, the 4th hokage came in to test all the students. his task was simple, they just had to use their transformation jutsu to transform intothe 4th Hokage. Nothing hard with that, right? Well, a few actually had a hard time. Most of them were flawless in the test, however. When it was Genmas turn he lazily walked up, seeing as he didn't get enough sleep, and performed the jutsu. He used the hand sign that allowed him to focus his chakra and he cried

"Transformation Jutsu!" As a cloud of smoke surrounded him. Nothing but a tall shape could be deciphered. Once the smoke cleared up, Guy and Kakashi smiled, seeing that their friend had successfully transformed.

After the graduation test, all the students had all sat back down at their desks again. With Guy on his right and Kakashi on Genma's left, they each exchanged nervous glances.

"Congratulations students, you have all passed the graduation test." the 4th hokage said cheerfully.

"Yes! The first step to becoming Hokage!" Genma thought.