Minus One

Alden was holding out his palm and in it was a small, triangular Pandora Letter O charm.

"Something to remind you of O," he said.

She smiled that breath-taking smile of hers. She took the charm and gingerly looped it through her bracelet.

Maine knew she had to say something but her feelings overwhelm her. What did she ever do to deserve this man in front of her?

She stepped forward and wrapped her arms around his neck. Instinctively, his hands snaked through her waist.

"You are too much, Tisoy. Siguro I must have done something right in my life kaya ka binigay sa'kin.

Akala lang nila I grew up having everything. Common misconception. But with you in my life, sobrang selfish ko na if humiling pa ako ng kahit ano.

I'll never get tired of saying Thank You, kasi thankful naman talaga ako.

And I guess there's one more thing I'll never get tired of doing-ang mahalin ka.

Pero may mga maririnig ka pa rin na 'hindi' galing sa'kin.

Hindi kita iiwan.

Hindi kita sasaktan.

Hindi ako magsasawang suportahan ka sa kahit ano.

At bago pa tayo magkalimutan..."

Maine released herself from their embrace and held a piece of paper for him to see.

"...I'd like to use one intimacy coupon now, please."

-END-