Daddy, It's You & Me

Yachi adjusted her blouse, smoothing out the creases as her nurse pushed her out of the washroom. She was glad to finally be out of the hospital's gown, even though there were adorable animal prints on them.

Her face lit up into a smile instantly when she saw Iwaizumi standing by her bed, packing the small luggage on the bed. "Daddy!" She called, throwing her hands towards him.

The said male looked up and stopped what he was doing. "Hey," A soft smile danced on his lips. He breathed out, relaxing his shoulders as she approached him in her wheelchair. He nodded his thanks at her nurse, who smiled in return before leaving them alone.

"Are you all done changing?" Iwaizumi asked, kneeling on one knee before Yachi. Yachi nodded her head enthusiastically, letting out an excited giggle. The lightness of her laugh kept Iwaizumi's lips in a smile.

"Naa, Yachi." Iwaizumi looked down to his feet for a moment, pressing his lips into a thin line before speaking again. Yachi tilted her head to the side, waiting for him to continue. "I... I've never been a guardian to anyone before. I don't know what is right and wrong in childcare. So bear with me, okay?"

"As long as you're my Daddy, everything's okay!" Yachi smiled, letting out a giggle. Iwaizumi sighed softly, smiling in return. I hope everything is okay... He silently wished.

"Yaho~ Yacchan~" The door to her room slid open, revealing the brunette with a small bouquet of flowers in his hands. He had a wide smile plastered on his face as he joined Iwaizumi and Yachi, even though Iwaizumi had a clearly irritated look on his face.

"Ojiisan!" Yachi looked up in surprise.

"Yacchan, what did I say about calling me ojiisan? I'm only halfway through my 20s, you know?" Oikawa waved his finger at the blonde, who blushed and panicked a little.

"A-Ah! S-S-Sorry! A-Ano! O-Oikawa-san!" Yachi fumbled with her hands, trying to pulled out the right words from the air. Oikawa grinned in satisfaction, patting her head gently as he handed her the flowers.

"Oikawa-niisan is fine. Congratulations on being discharged," He said. Yachi's eyes sparkled at the flowers on her laps, holding them closer to examine each and every petal closely.

Iwaizumi stood up straight, glaring at the brunette who enjoyed looking at Yachi's fascinated looks. "What are you doing here?"

"How mean!" Oikawa pressed his hand on his chest, gasping at Iwaizumi. "I took my day off to help you with this and this is how you treat me, Iwa-chan?"

"Urusei," Iwaizumi pushed Oikawa's face away, walking to the back of Yachi's wheelchair. "Let's get going, Yachi." The girl nodded enthusiastically as Iwaizumi started to push her out of the room.

"You're finally going home, huh, Yacchan?" Oikawa put a hand on Iwaizumi shoulder, earning a light growl from the ER nurse.

"Yeah!" Yachi nodded and tilted her head up to look at Iwaizumi. Iwaizumi noticed she was looking at him and smiled in return. "I'm finally going home."

*

Oikawa held the door as Iwaizumi pushed Yachi in. "Okaeri~" Oikawa exclaimed, trying his best to give her the warmest welcome. Yachi held her breath as she entered the house, looking around cautiously as if she was entering a strange forest.

Her eyes wandered around the apartment, taking in as much detail of her new home as she could as Iwaizumi pushed her to her room, which was an empty room Oikawa would occasionally use when he stayed over. With the help of Hanamaki and Mattsukawa, they refurnished to room into a more suitable place for Yachi to live in.