Daddy, What's for Dinner?

Iwaizumi watched Yachi from the window with his arms crossed, his lips pulled into a thin line. The blonde held onto the two metal railings tightly, her knuckles paling as she pushed herself to take a step forward. Her face was pulled into a constipated look with sweat condensing on her forehead. Her lips trembled and her eyes clearly glassy as she pushed herself to take another step.

Iwaizumi found himself mentally encouraging her, unconsciously making a rather fierce face himself. Watching her go through her physiotherapy had gotten him feeling like he was doing the exercises himself, making his palms a little sweaty.

The new parent flinched when he felt a hand on his shoulder and turned around to find none other than the one and only Oikawa Tooru. The brunette grinned at him and raised his hand with a cheerful 'osu'. Iwaizumi glared at him, finding the grin on his face annoying. "What a mean look, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa cried, pulling his hand back immediately.

Instead of replying, the black haired male rolled his eyes and turned his attention back to Yachi, shoving his hands into his pockets. The two childhood friends watched as Kindaichi, Yachi's physiotherapist, encouraged her to walk the other way, towards their direction.

The girl turned around and a smile found its way immediately to her face when she saw them by the window. Iwaizumi's muscles loosened up immediately, a small smile plastered on his face as both he and Oikawa waved at her. "She's improving really quick," Oikawa assured his best friend.

"I know," Iwaizumi nodded as Yachi was already half way through the walking bar.

"How fatherly," Oikawa chuckled quietly. Thankfully Iwaizumi was too focused on Yachi's progress to catch what the brunette had said, sparing him from Iwaizumi's tough love. "Aren't you going to reward her?" Oikawa nudged his best friend, wriggling his brows in a slight tease.

"It's not good to pamper her all the time," Iwaizumi said, never moving his gaze once.

"Said like a true parent," Oikawa snorted.

"Yo, Iwaizumi. I finally found you," A voice interrupted them, causing them to pull their attention away from the blonde, who was almost done with her therapy. A male with pink-brown hair made his way towards them with a grin on his face. He pulled out a book from inside his white doctor's coat, pushing it towards Iwaizumi.

Oikawa raised his brow at the book, wondering why Hanamaki was handing Iwaizumi a cook book, and how did he manage to keep it in his coat. "What's this for?" He asked, turning to his friends for answers.

"What? You didn't tell him? How mean, Iwaizumi." Hanamaki smirked, shoving his hands into pockets, pulling his shoulders closer. "Well, I guess we can have a peaceful dinner without him."

"That's the plan." Iwaizumi nodded his head in thanks, flipping over the book.

"Wait! You're having a party and you didn't invite me?! Hidoi yo, Iwa-chan!" Oikawa complained. Hanamaki laughed, clearly enjoying what was going on. "I don't care! I'm coming over for dinner today!"

"I'll kick you out," Iwaizumi simply said.

"Wait, are you cooking?" Oikawa asked. Iwaizumi pretended not to hear him, reading through the cooking book with great interest. "Will it be edible?" Hanamaki threw his head back, laughing. Irk marks appeared on Iwaizumi's face as he glared at Oikawa. "I-I'm kidding! (Not really kidding but...) I can still come right?"

Iwaizumi grumbled in reply, in which the brunette interpreted as a yes. While Oikawa was cheered, bouncing around with his fist in the air, Yachi was wheeled out of the therapy room by Kindaichi. Iwaizumi smiled at the physiotherapist, who sheepishly smiled in returned.