Chapter Five: Moonwalks and Explosions

Picture of Talia above!

It was hot. Burning, even. My eyes were blurry with tears, which made it harder to see. "Blaze!" I yelled out, but my small voice made it hard for anyone to hear. "Blaze!" I screamed. I saw a figure in the distance a relief flooded through my body. But as he walked closer I realized that it wasn't Blaze. It was the devil, his smiling face lighting up the cold, dark night. "Your little Blaze is gone now." He whispered. "Your mine."

Cold beads of sweat ran down my forehead as I sat up abruptly. My hands shook, and my heavy breathing made it harder for me to avoid having another panic attack. Jumping out of the bed, I grabbed my jacket, sneakers, and my door key and walked out of the room.

Stepping out into the fresh air made it easier for me to finally calm down from that nightmare. Being alone on the deck, looking out on the ocean is one of the greatest feelings. You get to see what nature really looks like at its best, when no one is really looking. "Hey." A soft voice called out. Dylan walked over to me, looking out onto the ocean. "Couldn't sleep?"
"Yeah, something like that." I mumbled. "What are you doing up anyways?"

"I was just looking around. It's easier to get lost with a lot of people around, so I just find everything when no one is there." Dylan sighs. I turn around to face him. "Found anything interesting yet?"

Dylan smiles, gives me a mischievous grin, and grabs my hand. "I know you'll like this one."

Moments later we were back in our hallway, staring at the door across from mine. "I didn't know that you were into breaking and entering."

Dylan shook his head. "No look."

Next to the door was a wall, which had a small opening, kind of like a mini door. "I've gone through the door, and it leads to the other side of the hallway, where you can go up the stairs and to the cafeteria that way. It was just left open when i went to get water last night."

I looked around the hallway. No one was here. "Why would it even be left open anyways?"

Dylan shrugs. "Oh well, it's cool though right? We should keep this as our little secret." He says slyly. I nod. "This would be perfect for freaking everyone else out too."

An idea suddenly pops into my head.

"And I know just the person."

****

"Now today we'll be introducing ourselves to the rest of the class." The instructor smiles warmly. "Sadie you go first." She stands up proudly, and smiles. "I'm Sadie, obviously. I'm a professional instagrammer and YouTube famous." She says, and sits back down. "Um, okay." The instructor says. "Sierra?"

She stands up, flipping her hair. " I'm Sadie and I'm like a professional instagrammer that buys fake followers." The entire class bursts into laughter as Sadie simply frowned. "I would never waste my time buying fake followers, obviously." She stands up. "Hi, I'm Sierra and I think that everything is stupid especially Sadie. And I've always been jealous of Sadie especially in high school when-"

"Alright that's enough!" The instructor shouted.

"Tatiana please go before I explode."

I stood up, flipping my hair. "I'm Tatiana, I'm a model and I do some acting."

A boy whistled at me. "I can tell, baby."

All three boys scowled.

"And I can tell that you forgot to brush your teeth this morning."