Chapter One: Breaking Out

This is my first story! Stay tuned at the end!

Thirty minutes until spring break, and I was still listening to the mindless lecture from my teacher. The endless tapping from my fake nails echoes across the room, causing the teacher to glare.

"Sorry." I mumble, and turn my attention to my best friends twin brother, Dylan.

The clock ticked by.

"Ten minutes." He mouths, while rolling his eyes at our teacher. Was she paid to make my life miserable?

"Is there a problem, Tatiana?" My now fuming teacher yells, her face turning an unhealthy shade of purple.

Yup. She was definitely paid to make my life worse.

"No."

"Then why were you laughing?"

The entire class turns to stare, seeing what angle I would take this time. My dad was the founder and CEO my school, a hospital downtown, and created a talent company that helped with models, actors, singers, and more. And with my modeling career kicking into full gear, the amount of pressure on me was insane. I feel like everyone wanted me to be mean, and snap at people, just for drama. But unlike some of those cliche Wattpad books, I was nice to people. Well, some people that is.

The bell (aka my lifesaver) drowned out any excuse I had in the book. "Guess your going to have to find out next week!" I smiled sweetly, and strutted out of the classroom.
"Nice save." Dylan remarks, as we both head to the schools parking lot. "Thanks, i thought I was doomed!" I joke, before jumping into my beautiful white Range Rover,  which took awhile for me to pay for by myself, but was totally worth it.

Dylan and I sat in a comfortable silence, as we waited for the rest of the squad to come. In total, it was made up of six people, Natalie, Talia, Kenneth, Dylan, and Blaze. Natalie and Talia had been my best friends since kindergarten. Natalie was Dylan's twin brother, although you could never tell. They both had the same Raven hair, and chocolate brown eyes to match, but the similarities ended there. Both girls were on the dance team with me, and were extremely popular at that. Talia was gorgeous as well, with her dark skin, and amazingly high cheekbones.

Blaze and Kenneth took that time to jump into the car, with Blaze calling shotgun per usual. Blaze's bleached hair and piercing blue eyes made him a target for the fangirls at school, while Kenneth's deep voice and skin to match made all the girls swoon. And it didn't help that Blaze and Kenneth were the biggest flirts ever, also.

And then there was me. My curly hair, wide eyes, dark skin, and tall slim frame didn't always give me confidence growing up. Since modeling though, I had grown more accustomed to my looks.

"Mom, can we go now?" A giggling Talia says innocently, her eyes wide like saucers. "Put your seatbelt on, sweetie." Blaze cooed, smirking.
"Put your seatbelt on kids!" Kenneth shrieked.

"Ridiculous." Dylan muttered rolling his eyes.
                                   ***
This year, as a group we all decided that we were going to go on a cruise this year, to the Bahamas. We set out to dock the next morning, with both of my parents in the car.

"Be safe, and be careful." My mom warned, as we got out of the car. " I can't guarantee that." I winked. My dad gave me a knowing look, and pulled me into a hug.

The boat blared, screaming at me to hurry up.

" Okay, love you!" I yelled, running off the meet my friends on the boat.